GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know at what psi/Bar does a skyline r33 gts-t boost cut on a standard ecu?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
hi

from memory 0.5 bar upto 4000 rpm then 0.7 above that

lee

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is the best way too up the boost ?
And What is the cheapest ?
And The easiest. ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The cheapest and safest way to boost up your car is to add a boost controller and a piggy back ecu upgrade. I use the Blitz SBC-iD boost controller and try a GReddy E-manage. They are pretty easy to work with. but dont go much past 1.2 bar or so. The stockers can and I have done it but dont recommend it. I have put out 1.32 before but only for a second until I realized what I did. Then I turned it down. It is real easy to get excited and overboost.

Chris:smokin:

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Marv,
Make sure before you up anything, that the info you are working from is relevant to your car :eek:

The GTS-t stock turbo will fail rather quickly with anything more than about .9bar boost. Fueling will be the limiting factor beyond this anyhow, so play safe.

marv said:
What is the best way too up the boost ?
And What is the cheapest ?
And The easiest. ?
The best way to up the boost, is using an electronic boost controller.

The cheapest way to up the boost, is using a bleed valve.

Either way is easy, but you will need a reasonably accurate Boost Gauge before attempting to do it with a bleed valve.

R33Vspec Karma,
That's pretty duff advice you've given above, Marv asked specifically about the GTS-t, and there is nothing cheap about the Greddy E-Manage when you need a laptop to program it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My bad, I assumed he had an R and didnt read the rest of the thread, just the main question, I am sorry about that guys. I paid 35000 yen for my e- manage and 5000 yen for my support tool. That works out to about $400 US and thats not too bad compared to Power FC and is nothing compared to an F-Con. But yes, they do require a laptop and I failed to mention that. I am sorry for the miss information guys. :D

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts