GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably an obvious one, but it's only obvious if you know :chuckle:

As per title: Where is the boost pressure measured from?

The reason I ask is my OEM boost gauge never seems to get much over 0.4/0.5 bar. Never reaches 0.7bar.

I'm wondering if I might have a boost leak and the gauge was showing the pressure at the intake plennum (that would make sense to me)?

The car feels sluggish.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks.

So am I right in thinking a boost leak would be picked up by the gauge if it was significant enough?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Cool, thanks.

So am I right in thinking a boost leak would be picked up by the gauge if it was significant enough?
Just for clarity, your car is totally standard yes and you not upped the boost?.

If so the factory boost gauge has +7 *100mmHg on it.. that is 700mm of Mercury which is approx 1bar.

So if you car is stock it should never get to the +7 mark on the factory gauge it should get to around the 520mmHG (0.7bar) mark so about 3/4 on the guage

Hope this helps.

A standard GTR probably will feel sluggish and not much quicker than your tuned civic. 28Oish BHP in 1500+Kgs compared to your civic at what 250BHp in 1280kgs?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That help a lot Chaz thankyou! I mistook the gauge reading and thought it was in bar.

It is standard other than the Nismo catback.

And yes, it feels like it's driving in treacle compared to the tuned EP3.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts