GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had my first proper drive in my gtr yesterday since getting it registered.
started driving fine, 70 mph no boost, but as i hit uphill section and started to load up turbos to just over the zero it started to wheezze onthe turbo side of the engine. on and off. so you had to back off or give it more throrttle.

latter on it would not boost just farting when you floored it unless you steadlly put you foot down.

i have a small window when i can look at it today so dont want to waste time stripping down something that i dont need to any idears.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sounds like the problem I had. Is it worst when u go up a steeper hill in fourth gear under load? My boost felt on and off on the motorway when just coming on slight boost under load. Ended up being a slipping clutch. Could also be a misfire but I cant check that until i get the clutch sorted.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
check your spark plugs as well, make sure they're gapped properly and electrode not worn, etc.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
had a look at my boost pipes, inlet pipes to turbos were slighly slack gave them a few turms on the clips.

took it for a spin its better than before but still have an sound coming from the turbo side of the engine sounds like someone hacksawing in there.

had a sparkplug out, was a good colour gap was a bit on the large side, never had time to regap them, put it back in and ordered some new iridium ones.

·
Registered
130 Posts
You positive all your couplers on the boost pipes have a good seal? Sometimes it's best just to take them off and check them, if you've had a fair amount of blowby the oil can get into your intake pipes and cause them to slip a little if they get at all loose. A small gap will only be noticeable under boost.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my car has these sparkplugs fitted bkr5e 11 v grove on electrode,these are incorrect for my car, the gap is around the1.2mm, willl reset this to around .8mm and try this still waiting on my new iridiums to come.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
set spark plugs to .80mm also reset ecu. car now pulls very well. it will do untill new plugs come.

it still makes a saw like noise if you hold to the boost on just over the zero into +boost, any idears?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts