GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a good look at my engine today (out of the car) and could not for the life of me find a little yellow thingie stuck in some flexible tubing. In fact, none of the (small diameter) tubing around the turbos were flexible, they were all steel. As my car comes together, I want to remove that stock boost restrictor if it's still in (I suspect so, the car ran a rock-steady .7bar before the engine repair came up).

1) will my PFC handle the jump to 1.0 bar boost without needing a total remap?

2) My Apexi PFC boost control solenoid will arrive *after* the engine has been assembled. Do these aftermarket solenoids work better with or without the boost restrictor in place? Is the PFC truly "self-learning" in that, assuming the current base map is fine, one just sets max desired boost level and the PFC does the rest?

3) where is the bloody boost restrictor and the hose it's supposed to be in?! 30 solid minutes with a high-powered flashlight, going over every inch of the exhaust side of the engine - drove me utterly batty.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wrong side of engine mate :) try looking just infront of your drivers side strut top. Don't have a clue about the PFC though, I've not got that far yet :(

Cheers

Rob

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dang, that's clear as glass. I can easily put that baby in myself. One question though....does an aftermarket boost solenoid work better with or without the restrictor in place?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts