GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i fitted the evc not so long ago and the settings were 1.0 (low) & 1.1 (high).
my car can go up to that level of boost with no problem.

one day, the car overboosted to 1.3, so i hv it checked out.
the mechanic found out the problem after a test drive. there was a cracked hose which connects to the evc & boost solenoid valve....so the guy replaced a new hose for me.

after that, he saw a plug that wasn't supposed to be plugged to the solenoid valve (ecu signal plug or something like that)....so he unplugged that and tied it up nicely and put the plug aside. (so there's no plug now, the guy said with evc installed, no need to plug that in)

when he reset my evc to my previous settings, my car takes longer to reach the desired boost and it can't reach 100%. (when set to 1.0 = 0.9 & when set to 1.1 = 1.07) - and of coz my car doesn't overboost anymore.

here is my question:

shud i plug that thing back to get a FULL boost or quicker boost?

michael.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Hi Michael. Not sure about the EVC as I had mine installed by someone else. Just wondering if you got your VX rom yet?:)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hello dino,

havn't got the vx-rom yet.....wanna get my full boost back first before doing anything.

what's the setting on your evc now?

michael.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hello,

New here and know nothing about the skyline.....

But, im assuming that valve is the standard boost controller. Same as most turbo cars. it should have three (possibly 4 on a TT) pipes running in / out of it?

One from the inlet manifold, one (or two for TT) from the actuator(s) and one to the air filter.

Was it the air filter pipe that was blocked and is now open??

If it is, then you will have a problem boosting.

The std valve senses pressure in the inlet manifold, when max boost is reached it opens to the actuator to limit boost.
I 'think' your valve is letting boost out of the inlet manifold, therefore slowing the spool time and limiting boost.

When the evc was fitted all other boost controllers should have been removed, including the std one.

This is pure theory and i hope someone else can offer a definate answer.

Drew

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've finally decided to plug the ecu thing back into the place.

start the car and then warm up a bit and then try out the boost.
thank god, everything comes back to normal now....

at low boost, it reaches 1 bar easily....sometimes 1.03 but then will hold at 1.
at high boost, sometimes go to 1.15 and then hold at 1.1.

still don't understand why i need to plug that ecu thing back after installation of the EVC......oh well......i'm happy now.

michael.:smokin:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ecu

i finally received my vx-rom today.......tks. shin.

pls. adv. if there's anything i shud check before the installation of the new toy. can i just plug & play?

tks. everyone.

michael.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
test drive

installed the vx-rom tonite.

the real difference is from 4500rpm - 8300rpm.......the needle flicked so quickly from 6000 - 8300rpm.......so fast that i miss the 3rd once.........
:eek:

and from gear to gear, (shift at 8000rpm), the car pushes more......MUCH less lag in between gears comparing to standard ecu...

there's no difference at all from 1000 to 4000rpm ......but who cares...right guys????

anyway, i had enuf fun tonite.....my waist is kinda sore now.....!!!!

tks. shin again for getting that for me.

michael.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
repeated questions

guys,

after installation of my ecu, shud i remove the plug on the attached pic now???

if anyone of you don't know wat i'm talking about, pls. go back to the 1st post under "boost".

pls. pls. advise.

tks.

michael.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts