GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can not be the only person who shuts (and has instructed the woman likewise) their boot like this

Is there a handle from new mine is missing?

Is so I'll buy oem, but if not then I'm going to have to 'fashion' something.

That feeling when someone shuts your (inevitability dusty and sooty from stage 4) boot with their fingers pulling down on the poor paintwork :(
like I said, maybe I'm just ocd, if this doesn't bother anyone else.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
huh is that it!

I thought something to like hook your fingers in and around possibly would be better

Thanks for that though

Can this little beauty be purchased at the dealers then?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Yes, the boot strap can be purchased at the dealers and fits in the same place as the newer models. Very simple job.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I can not be the only person who shuts (and has instructed the woman likewise) their boot like this

Is there a handle from new mine is missing?

Is so I'll buy oem, but if not then I'm going to have to 'fashion' something.

That feeling when someone shuts your (inevitability dusty and sooty from stage 4) boot with their fingers pulling down on the poor paintwork :(
like I said, maybe I'm just ocd, if this doesn't bother anyone else.
Whatever your OCD issue is, I have the same.

Kuro Black is a nightmare and you're correct that it will leave scratches.

Also don't like the silly tab on later models, agree it should be a loop.

Let me know if you find anything to suit and I'll get the same.

Satan.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,208 Posts
Wait till you see the fingerprint scratches appear, then you'll know what he's talking about.

Satan
well, yes, true.

Mine is a bit scratched as well, but surely you have the same problem with the door handles - how do you avoid that ?

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
I fitted to my previous 09 gtr got it off a lesux is200 1999model in the boot lid from a local breakers and it fits perfectly with 2 self tappers and once fitted it looked factory and it worked a treat, and your not ocd it's just the divs at nissan they forgot to design one in

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
huh is that it!

I thought something to like hook your fingers in and around possibly would be better
It does its job, and it's discrete.

The love the GT3 RS door handles. Charge you more than a normal GT3 and get away with crap like this :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I shut mine using the Nissan badge (same OCD issue - and I've trained the wife now) but clearly you don't have the badge. Stupid lazy design from Nissan :-(

·
Registered
111 Posts
Really pathetic that Porsche do that...and get away with it. The weight saving is nearly unmeasurable.

Really pathetic too that nissan use such poor paint it gets scratched by shutting your boot. Makes you want to go and buy a Porsche with mikey mouse door openers

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well, yes, true.

Mine is a bit scratched as well, but surely you have the same problem with the door handles - how do you avoid that ?

Ha, she's been trained on that TOO ;)

Shut by pushing on the silver handle part ONLY, no contact with the paint work

:runaway:

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Really pathetic that Porsche do that...and get away with it. The weight saving is nearly unmeasurable.

Really pathetic too that nissan use such poor paint it gets scratched by shutting your boot. Makes you want to go and buy a Porsche with mikey mouse door openers

It's about where the weight is thats more important.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts