GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Yep, I thought mine was the rear lights (which it usually is) but when I removed the spoiler it turned out to be one of the holes had corroded and was allowing water in... I sealed the spoiler and this improved things, I still have a slight back light issue though.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about down the actual sides because i heard when water gets in thesides there is now were to drain it out so it ends up in the rear lights

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Its supposed to flow past the rear lights, Which is why they need to be sealed properly, Its the first thing to check, I dont reccomend pulling the spoiler untill you run out of other things to blame.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Mine too, I took out all the carpets and pulled the plug out of the floor, Im fairly sure I have cured mine now, The light issue is with damp inside the light unit itself which requires me to remove the lens and reseal it...

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
if you remove the spare tire, there are several black rubber plugs you
can remove to allow the water to pass.

My Rt tail light seal was bad, allowing water to go into the light and in the boot. I resealed it using Black Sealer by Holts. Stuff is inexpensive so use plenty of it to do it right, the 1st time. You need to remove the tail light which was a pain in the ****, but no probs now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.