GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone actually done this yet, and if so, how did you go about doing it...?
I do know that you would have to get a boot lock solinoid, but from where and which one.
Ive seen a few R33 Skylines with it done, but little knowledge on how it was actually done. :(
Anyone shed any light on the matter...

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Thanx Peter I'll save the PM incase anybody else is thinking of it.
You don,t need to buy anything, if I take it the GTS still has a cable boot release :D
If it has then your laughing as the cable release works on the lock mechanics in the car whilst the boot lock fitted in the boot lid is independant of this.
All you will need to do is remove the boot lock which has a big circlip holding it in.
Remove the boot spoiler from the car (its esier to do this with the boot lid still attached to the car) and then remove the boot lid from the car.
Drop it off at a good spray shop with the paint code and they should weld a plate over the original hole from the inside add a little bit of filler to the outside repaint bake and polish and thats it.
DO REMEMBER THAT THERE IS A MANUAL OVER-RIDE FOR THE BOOT RELEASE WHICH WILL DISENGAGE THE CABLE RELEASE.
This is a little lever in the lock mechanics in the car inself. MAKE SURE ITS IN THE CORRECT POSITION BEFORE YOU REFIT THE BOOT LID. Otherwise when you shut the boot you IT WILL NOT OPEN VIA THE CABLE you will have to try and get into the boot from the rear seat with a long stick to open the thing. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED :eek:
Mine was done by my friends garage in Bayswater London.
Let me know if I can help anymore.
Hope this helps
Best regards Alan :D

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
BEWARE !!!!

It has been known for the over-ride to disengage over a period of time with the normal opening and closing of the boot.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: BEWARE !!!!

JasonO said:
It has been known for the over-ride to disengage over a period of time with the normal opening and closing of the boot.
Alan, have you ever come across this problem....?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Jason, nah, I didnt think you taking the piss, just wondered how common it was before I went ahead and did it.
And looking at that link, it doesnt look like much fun if it did fail to open... :(

Cheers

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Sorry for the late reply I,ve been sunning myself in far off lands :D

And no I have not had that problem but it not to say it does not happen as per the other thread.
I checked my cable ends and they were fine. I did the mod about a year ago now.
Best regards Alan :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts