GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I really need your help on my R34 GTR. I had the boot/trunk lid taken off and when I went to put it back on I closed it and now I can't open it. I have tried to use the boot release lever on the drivers side of the car but it doesn't seem to pull anything. I have also tried taking the back seat out and going in through the access panel but it is so small. Does anybody know how to open a boot without using the lever on the drivers side of the car? Is there another way? I don't mind taking things apart but I just don't know where to start to even get to the latch.

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
I guess you've de-locked it? Is that why you took the bootlid off?

If you have, then the only option is through the rear seat area. But even then, the ECU's and Battery will be in the way. Plus on the R34 there is a carpet hiding the inside of the bootlid.

Pretty stuck TBH

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Basically I took the boot lid off to have a scrath taken care of, but before I put the boot lid back on I clicked the latch down, which apparently will lock the boot when you shut it. Someone else on here did the same thing and were able to get teh latch released but they didn't say how. Does anybody know how to release the latch from inside the boot if they clicked the latch before they shut the boot?

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
I thought that latch was only for the cable in the front.

You should still be able to use the key and open the boot.

I also remember the thread your on about, but I think this was for a GTR33 which has no inside boot carpet.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Agree with V-spec. Although this happened on my R32, its exactly the same scenario. I accidentally pushed the latch, closed the boot then wondered for a couple of days why the boot release lever wasn't working, so just opened it with the key and played about with the latch until it clicked. Closed it, then tried the release lever again-IT WORKED!!:squintdan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For some reason I don't see a key hole on my trunk lid. Is it possible that it came this way from the factory or do you think the prvious owner actually covered it up and painted the trunk lid? I am totally confused now. I can say that I do not have the Nissan badge on teh back and my GTR logo looks a bit higher but I can't imagine that it didn't come with a key hole and I can't imagine that somebody would actually cover it up. Were they trying to go for that shaved door handle look but never got around to the door handles. lol I would post a pic but can't on this forum.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Well if your GTR logo is located higher than normal then it has probably had the lock shaved, as this would be ver year the original lock place

Also if the Nissan badge is missing then, yeh probably it has been totally shaved, even though the badges are stuck on.

I'm sure you can spot the key hole!!!

·
Registered
552 Posts
What you have to do is take out the rear seat, gain access to the boot and use a long thin rod to move the latch back to its original position. I know this from first hand experience! but it works. The latch is a valet safe boot!! so when you drop your car off they cannot open it using the boot release.

Hope this helps. Its not easy but nothing ever is!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, I was able to do the job last night. After getting it open the hard way (basically unbolting the boot lid from its hinges) I was able to the get the latch to release. Then upon further inspection I realized why it didn't unlatch and it is exactly as you stated.

Thanks for the help,
Adam

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Glad you got it sorted!!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Nice one mate. Well done with perservering-is that spelled/spelt right?!!:confused:

Also. re finding the (key)hole, I have some friends that are scaffolders-(you know these types of chaps what what) that suggest you 'put some hair round it, you'll soon find it'!!:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Ive just done the same on my R33 !

Can anyone help me ? Ive just been f`ing around with my boot latch and found a catch, yes - i moved it ! I now cannot get in my boot and the key doesn`t work.

How do i get the`seats out ? i can`t find the bolts anywhere.

Please help me !

·
Registered
396 Posts
Two bolts down in the foot well each side.
Then a long screwdriver in under the seat. There are 2 plugs which the seat latches into. Pop these up...takes a bit of force.
Pull out bottom of seat.
Then 2x bolts at the bottom corner of each side.
Lift the seat back up....there's 2 hooks.
Then a plate in the centre you will have to remove to have a small hole into the boot.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Thanks mate, what a job eh !! Ill not be messing with unknown catches again !:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I think I have the same problem.

I can get access through the rear seat, but I am not sure what I am looking for.

Where is the latch located and how to move it back in its orginial position?

The boot has been de-lock, so through the rear seat is my only option. :(

·
Registered
497 Posts
Hi Mate,

Its a bit of an arse but its dooable !!

You have to take out all your back seats, remove the hatch (big metal plate), :squintdan fight your way through a load of wires and bottles of liquid and force your boot carpet down with a length of wood, then Using your mouth to hold a small torch (as one arm is holding the carpet down) you can then use a long rod to unlatch the latch.

It took me about 30-45 mins overall but the feeling once it was done was overwhelming.

If you get stuck, PM me.

Good luck,
James

1 - 17 of 17 Posts