GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Don't know if you've followed my thread on these but these were the first EFRs in the world fitted to a Nissan GTR and have done about 500 miles on my car so far.

This post is tentative as I really am not fussed about selling them but when fitting them it was always the plan to see what they could do before moving on to the Litchfield full aftermarket manifold with external wastegates.

These turbos will therefore not be compatible with the ultimate set up I'll be going for but I wanted to try them regardless. They are not ready to come off my car yet but when the next set are ready to go on, I'll need them sold to fund the swap.

The long and short is, in the words of Iain Litchfield, the best turbo conversion he has experienced to date (not just fitted himself). The provide genuinely lower boost threshold than stock (1 bar on the road before 2500rpm and on the dyno (worse than the road) 1.5 bar by 2800rpm). This can be demonstrated with logs dyno graphs etc.

This isn't hype, hand on heart, until something is shown to actually be better, I'll be sticking with EFRs from now on.

Due to the incredibly low inertia of the rotating assembly they also respond much more quickly when you ask for boost above the boost threshold (transient response) making the car much more drivable, but this cannot be displayed on a dyno run. These turbos top ended on my car on the dyno at 796bhp, but logs on the road shown they are making at least a little over 800. I'd say 810 as a conservative guess, which considering the stock spool, gives 170bhp headroom over the stock turbos flat out. You can see why I like them!

All the above readings are from v-power which unlike E85 does not accelerate spool (as well as increasing peak power substantially).

Obviously the area under the graph with these is significant making the car monstrous on road or track. The torque profile can be tailored if you are concerned about rod longevity on a stock bloc, or gearbox longevity on a stock gearbox, but beware, if any kit is going to test these components, it's going to be this one. 700lbft at under 3000rpm on the dyno - so again sooner on the road.

These turbos are showhorned into modified stock exhaust manifolds which are included in the sale. They therefore use stock downpipes or existing aftermarket ones. Supplied with all lines, but you will need custom pipework for the compressor side of things, which can be sorted by litchfields.

As mentioned, this isn't a 100% known sale, but if someone wants to line themselves up to be a buyer, please let me know.

I'm looking for £4300.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Yep. Now caged etc.

Not had a run out at all - first time out. Not even set up the suspension or anything! Might be a pile of poo. Only got 220bhp but now 1100kgs. Hopefully popping a nice new 300bhp engine revving to 9.5k in it in Jan.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Yep. Now caged etc.

Not had a run out at all - first time out. Not even set up the suspension or anything! Might be a pile of poo. Only got 220bhp but now 1100kgs. Hopefully popping a nice new 300bhp engine revving to 9.5k in it in Jan.
Look forward to seeing it...it's an interesting project...might follow you on something similar...is it road legal still?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Yep! Road legal, just passed its MOT and everything! Needs a few tweeks. The lexan windows in the front doors move about and shouldn't. The steering wheel needs another spacer, and the engine needs tweaking.

Oh, and they forgot to put straps to shut the doors!!! Bit tricky with no handles FFS.

Other than that it came out really well.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Yep! Road legal, just passed its MOT and everything! Needs a few tweeks. The lexan windows in the front doors move about and shouldn't. The steering wheel needs another spacer, and the engine needs tweaking.

Oh, and they forgot to put straps to shut the doors!!! Bit tricky with no handles FFS.

Other than that it came out really well.
We will help shut the doors for you

1 - 20 of 24 Posts