GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have tuning my r34gtr this holiday. I have a borg warner s200 Full-Race Motorsports and i`m not satisfied. I got full boost (1.3 bar) at 5000rpm and it starts going down already just ower 6000rpm. I have hope to get much better spool with that smal turbo. Do you have any proposition on som other turbos or do you think i can get it well with adjustable cam gears and som other cams ?

I have a stock rb26dett block and the only modification on the head is the head gasket, head bolts and tomei 260 cams. Stock intercooler and intake.

i have good fuel components and 800cc injectors.

The exhaust manifold is a greddy for t4 twinentry and the exhaust system is 3" all the way from the turbo, no cat

The ecu is link g4

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I would have thought a S200 series turbo would be a lot less laggy than that, have you checked for boost leaks etc?

·
Registered
320 Posts
hello Winbjork, i am sorry we missed this thread. We tried to email and PM you but can not get an answer, would like to help you get your setup sorted and the turbo making the proper power. Please email me at geoff [at] full-race [dot] com thank you

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hello Winbjork, i am sorry we missed this thread. We tried to email and PM you but can not get an answer, would like to help you get your setup sorted and the turbo making the proper power. Please email me at geoff [at] full-race [dot] com thank you
Hello Geoff. Nice you whant to help me =) service! But i have helped myself allready, the problem was to big exhauste housing and a litle to smal compressor housing. I by one s300 from you and that one works great!!

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
totally off-topic, how's the S14/R32 hybrid running? Did you ever get the ATTESA working automatically?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hello Geoff. Nice you whant to help me =) service! But i have helped myself allready, the problem was to big exhauste housing and a litle to smal compressor housing. I by one s300 from you and that one works great!!
ok that is great to hear you are happy with the S300SX turbo. Did you purchase the 83/75? how do you like the spool and can you please tell me what power and boost you are making with it? I use the 88-75 1.00 a/r on my RB26 also and am VERY happy with it. I really like the 90 degree compressor housing options since it makes the charge piping very easy to construct

totally off-topic, how's the S14/R32 hybrid running? Did you ever get the ATTESA working automatically?
the R14 is doing great! Currently my daily driver, i have about 15k miles on it now. The ATTESA is completely disabled and i run a fixed tq split value, i change it depending on the tires and the conditions. I normally set it at 55-70psi

·
Registered
723 Posts
Hi Geoff bought the sx 83-75 works great and makes the car moredrivable, if you have any dimensions on the oil feed it s quite rare

·
Registered
320 Posts
we dynoed the R14 on friday w/ twinscroll T4 borgwarner 88-75 1.00 a/r (stock bottom end RB26 after fixng a small exhaust leak (broken backpressure sensor) So far at 19psi on 91octane pump gas i spool around 3800rpm and make 591whp/430 tq

i need to figure out why my fuel pressure is dropping at the top of each run then fill up on some race gas and turn boost up, but im off to SEMA and wont have time until next week. my mods are as follows:

Full-Race twinscroll T4 response manifold
Borgwarner 88-75 1.00 a/r
Jun Oil Pump w/ greddy increased capacity sump and giant oil cooler
Tomei 280/11.5 cams
headgames port work w/ ferrea valves
hypertune intake manifold
ID 1000cc injectors
bosch 044 fuel pump
stock crank/rods/pistons
1.2mm oil restrictor + external oil drain from head to crankcase

Hi Geoff bought the sx 83-75 works great and makes the car moredrivable, if you have any dimensions on the oil feed it s quite rare
Great to hear you are on the 83-75 and happy, im actually considering stepping my 88-75 down to the 83-75... which turbine housing are you using and would you be able to provide any dyno plots? i would love to see!

regarding the fitting, simply remove the fitting that comes with the BW turbos ( i dont know why they include them at all) and simply insert a 1/4" NPT male thread. normally we recommend using a 1/4" NPT male to 1/8" NPT female and then you can use a -3AN male to 1/8" NPT male. NEVER EVER use -4AN for an oil feed on GT Ball bearing turbos OR BW Turbochargers. if you do, it will require a restrictor to .050" or 0.035" or you will burn some oil as it slips past the turbine seal.

thanks guys!!

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Looking forward to hearing how that goes once you wind it up, I am still watching with interest the results of BW turbos on RBs. That turbo is basically a BW S362 if I am not mistaken? It looks a reasonable amount laggier than I'd have thought a twin scroll GT3582R would be?

·
Registered
320 Posts
thanks! could you link me to some other threads on this forum of RB guys running the BW turbos? I searched but didnt find much. FYI - there is no such thing as a "borg warner S362" - The S362 is a *Bullseye* turbo based on the borgwarner parts. The 362 became popular because they are pretty big turbos that use a singlescroll T3 turbine housing, so it fits a lot of different 4cyl applications where T3 is common. Bullseye also sells this in a T4 twinscroll housing, but it does not have the ultra-high flow 75mm turbine wheel found on the S300SX 88-75, rather it has the standard 75mm turbine wheel found on the 83-75 -- imho a poor combination.

I am a firm believer in 100% unmolested turbos from Garrett or Borgwarner, i really dont like any of the non standard turbochargers since they never seem to perform as well or last as long..

·
Registered
2,464 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
thanks for the links, i am friends with the guy who did the 40R vs 374 test and as much as as i love the BW stuff his 40R seemed to be underperforming? i had a spare minute and used my terrible microsoft paint skills to overlay my dyno (red line) on the S374 vs 40R comparison, interesting to note the difference in midrange, and he's on E85 while im on 91octane pump fuel (E85 normally has a huge bump in midrange/spool):

(this is a VERY Rough comparison not meant for accuracy!)

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Cheers for that, I have been very curious to know how a GT4088R performing well (have been openly suss about the GT40R results for a while) works on an RB26. Is yours the one that appears a bit pink on that plot, making around 591hp? Looks like full boost just before 4500?

·
Registered
320 Posts
yes pink line is my setup. full boost around 4400rpm, a little laggy for me (im very picky and like to make 200ft-lb around 3200rpm) so im either going to install a stroker or use a BW 83-75 1.00 a/r

here is another friends 4088R twinscroll RB26, stock bottom end, hks 264 cams

sorry for the poor quality image, but it should give you an idea

edit: i just made another crappy microsoft paint comparison

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'll post up results of my Full-Race, BW 83-75, built head blah blah blah.... when it arrives....should be soon right Geoff:smokin:

1 - 20 of 171 Posts