GTR Forum banner

Borg warner Turbo questions

14K views 57 replies 10 participants last post by  Lith 
#1 ·
I'm looking at buying a borg warner 8374 twin scroll turbo kit from full race and have a few questions.
1. What A/R would be recommended, I'm looking for about 730-750 fwhp.
2. What are the benifits of both internal/external wastegates?
3. I am currently running a forged 2.6 with headwork but hope to aventually move on to a rb32 build would this turbo run out of puff on the later?
4. My current turbo is a hks t51r (800ps max) and its very laggy, would one of these turbos be much more responcive or not worth the money changing?

Many thanks for your input.

Discussion starter · #42 ·
We are testing an 8374 EWG twin scroll turbo out tomorrow on a Supra 3 litre, this is our first EFR test so hoping for some great things. Just doing some road mapping tomorrow and then on to a dyno next week. This will give you boys a good idea on what it will be like on an RB26, obviously it will be slightly laggier and wont make quite as much power as the 3 litre Supra but not far off.

I'll update soon, as we will be including the EFR an as option on our turbo kit very soon.

Thanks
Paul
Will you be running it on normal 98/99 fuel?
I look forward to the results as I'm thinking about upgrading my t51r Kai to either the 8374 twin scroll or the gen 2 6266.
Also not sure whether to go with your turbo kit or full race.

Discussion starter · #57 ·
Yes it will tal put a efr9180 on one with his rb30 so you will have no problems with a 8374. Tabz I have searched every thread going on the efr and now it seems they have filtered out the results seem to speak for there selfs. I would say the definitely spool the best by quite some margin and the also make as good as numbers as the prescision a if not better. The fp turbos are also good but over here they are more expensive than the efr so it's a bit of a no brainer. They come with built in bov, boost selonoid and also have a true devided stainless steel rear housing. I wasn't sold on them at the biggening but it seems the crazier the set up the crazier the results tbh. Sub boys efr8374 on his rb30 makes over 700bhp at 1.4 bar and makes full boost by 3.5k
Hi mate, how's things?
I read somewhere you said that you would now recommend the precision over the BW, why is that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.