GTR Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
We are testing an 8374 EWG twin scroll turbo out tomorrow on a Supra 3 litre, this is our first EFR test so hoping for some great things. Just doing some road mapping tomorrow and then on to a dyno next week. This will give you boys a good idea on what it will be like on an RB26, obviously it will be slightly laggier and wont make quite as much power as the 3 litre Supra but not far off.

I'll update soon, as we will be including the EFR an as option on our turbo kit very soon.

Thanks
Paul
Will you be running it on normal 98/99 fuel?
I look forward to the results as I'm thinking about upgrading my t51r Kai to either the 8374 twin scroll or the gen 2 6266.
Also not sure whether to go with your turbo kit or full race.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Will you be running it on normal 98/99 fuel?

I look forward to the results as I'm thinking about upgrading my t51r Kai to either the 8374 twin scroll or the gen 2 6266.

Also not sure whether to go with your turbo kit or full race.

The car was road mapped today on BP 98 super unleaded up to 1.7 bar boost on a stock Supra engine with 264 cams. We will be taking it to the Dyno early next week to get some power figures, seat of the pants Dyno says about 650bhp, it's very responsive as well, 4th gear hitting full boost about 3500rpm making for a superb road setup.

I'll update soon on the results.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Yes it will tal put a efr9180 on one with his rb30 so you will have no problems with a 8374. Tabz I have searched every thread going on the efr and now it seems they have filtered out the results seem to speak for there selfs. I would say the definitely spool the best by quite some margin and the also make as good as numbers as the prescision a if not better. The fp turbos are also good but over here they are more expensive than the efr so it's a bit of a no brainer. They come with built in bov, boost selonoid and also have a true devided stainless steel rear housing. I wasn't sold on them at the biggening but it seems the crazier the set up the crazier the results tbh. Sub boys efr8374 on his rb30 makes over 700bhp at 1.4 bar and makes full boost by 3.5k

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Thanks Dan

Looking into what it will cost overall before making a decision.

The easy option is to buy RJT's turbo but I would want some sort of warranty from Owens but they don't answer the phone.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Thanks Dan

Looking into what it will cost overall before making a decision.

The easy option is to buy RJT's turbo but I would want some sort of warranty from Owens but they don't answer the phone.

I'm not sure rjt one can be used in t4 twin scroll so you would either have to buy a hks v band converter. It's silly have a devided manifold and open scroll turbo if I'm honest. Owen won't warrant it mate you have no chance, you must be phoning the wrong number

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I need to check my manifold to confirm it's divided. Called a couple of their numbers now but given up on it.
Efr is the way forward, Dan you're bad influence in a good way lol

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I need to check my manifold to confirm it's divided. Called a couple of their numbers now but given up on it.
Efr is the way forward, Dan you're bad influence in a good way lol
Yes yours is t4 devided I see the link mook posted, you will never look back if you go efr. It's just not worth any other route at the prices the efrs are now tbh tabz

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Nice turbo, 8374 1.05 TS.
Such a pity they are not doing investment casting on the stainless exhaust housings anymore.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Having seen quite a few of these newer turbos, the finish on the cast is not the best.
I read somewhere this was intentional.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Having seen quite a few of these newer turbos, the finish on the cast is not the best.
I read somewhere this was intentional.
The reasoning is the problems they were having with the investment casting, they were having a large reject rate with them and now do the twin scrolls in sand casting.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Yes it will tal put a efr9180 on one with his rb30 so you will have no problems with a 8374. Tabz I have searched every thread going on the efr and now it seems they have filtered out the results seem to speak for there selfs. I would say the definitely spool the best by quite some margin and the also make as good as numbers as the prescision a if not better. The fp turbos are also good but over here they are more expensive than the efr so it's a bit of a no brainer. They come with built in bov, boost selonoid and also have a true devided stainless steel rear housing. I wasn't sold on them at the biggening but it seems the crazier the set up the crazier the results tbh. Sub boys efr8374 on his rb30 makes over 700bhp at 1.4 bar and makes full boost by 3.5k
Hi mate, how's things?
I read somewhere you said that you would now recommend the precision over the BW, why is that?

41 - 58 of 58 Posts