GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

Im currently having a rb30 with the nittro 3.2 stroker kit with added v-cam for abit of torque.

Has anyone on here tryed the borgwarner efr 9180 turbo on a 26? Or 30?
Anyone rate these?

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Awesome turbo, love my EFR 8374!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
This one was mapped last week, it's not really lived up to the hype

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/155084-r34gtr-mgt-another-rebuild.html

Disappointing as I have an 8374 waiting to go on my car
Disappointed? It made 870bhp on pump gas and was already making 700bhp at 4000rpm.

Add some decent fuel like e85 & bigger injectors and you'd see mid 900s.
You guys crack me up "disappointed" :runaway:

Just re-read the results, that was the WMI/NOS run... I still wouldn't class it as "disappointing"

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
Disappointed? It made 870bhp on pump gas and was already making 700bhp at 4000rpm.

Add some decent fuel like e85 & bigger injectors and you'd see mid 900s.
You guys crack me up "disappointed" :runaway:

Just re-read the results, that was the WMI/NOS run... I still wouldn't class it as "disappointing"
On just pump fuel it made 700hp and 650ftlb at 2.1 bar I think!?
Decent response, although I doubt it would of seen 1000bhp from just race fuel!
Garrett have just bought out a gtx 4088r which is good for a 800bhp so prob a decent rival to this borg and will be as responsive as hell!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Decent response, although I doubt it would of seen 1000bhp from just race fuel!
I originally read the results as 870bhp on pump only, so I thought around 50hp gain from an ethanol blend would be realistic.

Anyway great result there IMO :)

ps. it's not race fuel if you can get it from your local petrol station :p

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When i spoke to the company was told that these were rated. 800/1000bhp
Looks like i may struggle to get 800 or so then?..

·
Registered
277 Posts
I originally read the results as 870bhp on pump only, so I thought around 50hp gain from an ethanol blend would be realistic.

Anyway great result there IMO :)

ps. it's not race fuel if you can get it from your local petrol station :p
Lol that was with nitrous it made 870 so not very good at all.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
There are plenty of other results of these running on the net, just do a search.

When people say they are disappointed with a result, what power were they expecting? Personally I would never buy a turbo that is "rated" at 1000hp and expect to get 1000hp out of it, look at the HKS 2530's, I think these are rated at about 370hp each......there are not many people making 740hp in their GTRs.......

My EFR 8374 is rated at 750hp and I make 630hp atw on 98oct, I only have the small exhaust housing

Power aside, the BW EFRs seem to spool very early, and on my car and others that I have read, the dyno graph really doesn't show how very responsive they are

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I am pretty disappointed with that result to be honest, I'm hoping there is something else at stake there. The EFR9180 (94lb/min claimed) has made slightly more than T04Z power (75lb/min rated) on the same fuel, and even with NOS it looks like it isn't standing up until around 4500rpm. The Forced Performance and Precision equivalents definitely outclass what I see there, unfortunately.

Hopefully there is more to the story which can help me adjust my impressions so far - but so far it looks pretty underwhelming for the hype.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
I am pretty disappointed with that result to be honest, I'm hoping there is something else at stake there. The EFR9180 (94lb/min claimed) has made slightly more than T04Z power (75lb/min rated) on the same fuel, and even with NOS it looks like it isn't standing up until around 4500rpm. The Forced Performance and Precision equivalents definitely outclass what I see there, unfortunately.

Hopefully there is more to the story which can help me adjust my impressions so far - but so far it looks pretty underwhelming for the hype.

id have to agree tbh 2 bar for 700 hub on pump fuel I would expect quite a bit more.

I just made 640 hub on my gt4094r with 1.06 a/r at just 1.7 - 1.8 bar.

they are response monsters though il give them that. gtx4202r and a spool rb34 that's what id like

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Sorry, I thought it was 870 on Pump gas too.
700hp for a 3.2 with the 9180 doesn't sound right, It is not a lot more than what I got with 200cc less and the smaller turbo with smaller exhaust housing.
Maybe the 1.05a/r is too small for the 3.2ltr.......they have a 1.45a/r housing available now.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Sorry, I thought it was 870 on Pump gas too.
700hp for a 3.2 with the 9180 doesn't sound right, It is not a lot more than what I got with 200cc less and the smaller turbo with smaller exhaust housing.
Maybe the 1.05a/r is too small for the 3.2ltr.......they have a 1.45a/r housing available now.

good call and may well be spot on, I just went from a ts 0.84 to a ts 1.06 and picked up 90 whp and 60 lbft at the same boost level.

but then the trade off is some response.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
good call and may well be spot on, I just went from a ts 0.84 to a ts 1.06 and picked up 90 whp and 60 lbft at the same boost level.

but then the trade off is some response.
It is a little odd too that with E85 and NOS that it really isn't coming on until 4500rpm:nervous:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts