GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I know this is a really dull question in the context of the car, but how do you owners find the boot size/access please?

Specifically in terms of golf gear (Tour bag/Trolley/kit etc)...........Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I can get a sun mountain mini golf bag in no worries with driver in the bag. Just tilt it in one end at a time. Plenty of space left over.

Not tried a normal stand bag as i tend to use the mini in the wet months, as i'm wearing my waterproofs and don't need to carry them in the bag.

But i've not tried my sun mountain c130 trolley/cart bag. I'm guessing i'd have to take the driver and 3 wood out.
There is space behind it, but i've not tried my gokart either.
Will give it a go if it's dry tomorrow.

BTW if you want play golf with some internet weirdo's check out ModSquadGolf - UK Golf Forum (hope that's okay mods/admin). Plenty of games going on round your way :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
you can get a carry bag in no probs, i take out my driver and all woods and hybrids, looking at the room that is left i would say you could fit a hill billey trolley no probs

·
Registered
174 Posts
My Dad fits his tour bag...an electric trolley...and my normal sized bag in the boot...plus shoes and jackets and bananas!

God knows how...but he does! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
190 Posts
Sorry I know this is a really dull question in the context of the car, but how do you owners find the boot size/access please?

Specifically in terms of golf gear (Tour bag/Trolley/kit etc)...........Thanks! :thumbsup:
Large enough for one big Corps or two average size ones if need be.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can get a sun mountain mini golf bag in no worries with driver in the bag. Just tilt it in one end at a time. Plenty of space left over.

Not tried a normal stand bag as i tend to use the mini in the wet months, as i'm wearing my waterproofs and don't need to carry them in the bag.

But i've not tried my sun mountain c130 trolley/cart bag. I'm guessing i'd have to take the driver and 3 wood out.
There is space behind it, but i've not tried my gokart either.
Will give it a go if it's dry tomorrow.

BTW if you want play golf with some internet weirdo's check out ModSquadGolf - UK Golf Forum (hope that's okay mods/admin). Plenty of games going on round your way :D

Thanks MisterS3.

I have enough of playing golf for work without playing with "internet weirdo's" :runaway:

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Thanks MisterS3.

I have enough of playing golf for work without playing with "internet weirdo's" :runaway:
It's not stopped raining up here...well not while i've been at home....so not had a chance to try it out- - sorry.

The forum is a great for me. Got a few trackman dudes. A few pros. Club builders. Nice small community where most of us know each other ;)

Wherever i go in the country i get a game a guest rates which is nice. And we organise some great outings. eg Nov 1st Formby - ties in nicely with a little visit to the wizard of 'parking sensors' (if i can get them fitted this thursday!)
Played Dundonald earlier this month. etc.

They play Swinley and Hankey Common down your way. I've not had a chance to come down. And i think The Berkshire soon.

Lucky you get to play golf for work though :D

Where do you play?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's not stopped raining up here...well not while i've been at home....so not had a chance to try it out- - sorry.

The forum is a great for me. Got a few trackman dudes. A few pros. Club builders. Nice small community where most of us know each other ;)

Wherever i go in the country i get a game a guest rates which is nice. And we organise some great outings. eg Nov 1st Formby - ties in nicely with a little visit to the wizard of 'parking sensors' (if i can get them fitted this thursday!)
Played Dundonald earlier this month. etc.

They play Swinley and Hankey Common down your way. I've not had a chance to come down. And i think The Berkshire soon.

Lucky you get to play golf for work though :D

Where do you play?

I'm a professional golfer and play pretty much everywhere MisterS3. How did you find Dundonald?

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I'm a professional golfer and play pretty much everywhere MisterS3. How did you find Dundonald?
One of my favourite courses

But last time we played it was weekend Dunhill was cancelled.
I hit driver as hard as i could on 15. I swing just under 100mph carry about 225, which was 200 yards to the middle (skycaddie). It went low, and still bounced before reaching the front bunker.

On 11 we had 110 yards and i took a 6 iron punched hard, and only just made the front bunker. That's after the shank when i got blown over while swinging.

Admittedly i only play off 12 (been playing 4 years) but it was still a pretty tough day!

Reckon it was 6 or 7 club wind.

Kingsbarns is my fav, but probably not that great for the scratch golfer. I know Chris Kelly pro out of my club (cawder) doesn't rate it.

Played Gullane last weekend No.2 and really enjoyed it.

I've only played 3 medals this year due to work and eye infection. So hoping to get back into it soon. Playing Dundonald with my pro on 10th and will get a lesson before and the rest after to try and get to single figures next year. Only one cut out of the 3 medals i played this year.

Are you a touring pro?

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Kingsbarns is just a brilliant course and such fun.

Yes, I'm a Tour Pro.
Cool - hope you've had/having a good year and hence the GTR :D

Have you played Crail next door to Kingsbarns?
I played Balcomie in June and thought that was more of a challenge if only let down by a slightly weak finish and 2 comedy par3's (well they were with the wind as it was when we played) back to back at 13/14 i think.

I also have a soft spot of Elie as it was my first round of golf ever. It's the one with the starters hut with the periscope on the first for seeing up over the hill on before you tee off right in front of the club house. Nice gentle introduction to golf :chuckle:

You're fav course up this way? Down your way?

BTW - have you ever tried a GoKart? They sponsor the forum i run, they are great bunch. I'd never use a trolley but have used a GoKart. Nice, light and easy to set up without chopping off fingers :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool - hope you've had/having a good year and hence the GTR :D

Have you played Crail next door to Kingsbarns?
I played Balcomie in June and thought that was more of a challenge if only let down by a slightly weak finish and 2 comedy par3's (well they were with the wind as it was when we played) back to back at 13/14 i think.

I also have a soft spot of Elie as it was my first round of golf ever. It's the one with the starters hut with the periscope on the first for seeing up over the hill on before you tee off right in front of the club house. Nice gentle introduction to golf :chuckle:

You're fav course up this way? Down your way?

BTW - have you ever tried a GoKart? They sponsor the forum i run, they are great bunch. I'd never use a trolley but have used a GoKart. Nice, light and easy to set up without chopping off fingers :D

Not played Crail but have a mutual friend in Graeme (the pro there)

Elie is good if a little flat maybe. My favourite courses up your way are (in no order) Kingsbarns/Loch Lomond/Turnberry/Prestwick and Muirfield.

Down this way, Sunningdale/Swinley Forest/Queenwood/The Berkshire/The Wisley/Rye/Woking/Hankley Common/Saunton and West Sussex.

Never tried a GoKart but have seen them.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Not played Crail but have a mutual friend in Graeme (the pro there)

Elie is good if a little flat maybe. My favourite courses up your way are (in no order) Kingsbarns/Loch Lomond/Turnberry/Prestwick and Muirfield.

Down this way, Sunningdale/Swinley Forest/Queenwood/The Berkshire/The Wisley/Rye/Woking/Hankley Common/Saunton and West Sussex.

Never tried a GoKart but have seen them.
Not played LL,Prestwick or Muirfield. But hoping for some corporate invites if the market ever picks up. But need to get myself to single figures first to justify it. Old Course will get a visit too then - just for the experience.

Those are all courses the Southern guys on the golf forum have played for their events. And they rave about them!!
They're playing The Berkshire in a few weeks i think. I'm hoping to get down to Hankley, Swinley and/or one of the W's next year. I like those English parkland courses like The Addington or Camberley Heath. BTW - i've not actually played that many courses - so don't mean to name drop! As i run that golf forum i do spend a lot of time talking rubbish about golf (certainly more so than playing!) and now i'm doing it here too!! :chairshot

If you want to try a Gokart - drop me a PM, i'll pass on the details of a rep i know well :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
my first journey in my R25 was up to Anstruther :D
New variants north of the border.

On topic
Also had the Golf Clubs in the boot without taking the driver out of the bag.
The boot is very big for a supercar. I had a barbecue tent two suitcases and much more in on the way to LeMans.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
we were 'test driving' the boot area yesterday and managed to the wee ones' buggy in there no problem (at the front apperture area of the boot anyway!), plus still loads of space for a couple of small suitcases - its pretty deep in there!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts