GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the boring question...

RB26DETT oil filters; are they the same as any other Nissan filter? Does anyone have the part number?

My local Nissan dealer says I'll have to go through Middlehurst, but I could do with a filter today. I am sure I heard they were the same as the RB30 filters from the 300zx, although I don't know where I heard that.

Any help appreciated.

I would try a search but unfortunately it wont allow words under 4 characters such as 'oil'.

·
Following EJH#25
6,841 Posts
oil filter

My UK R33 has the same oil filter as my mates Nissan Almera GT-i.
Same nissan part number. About £6 for the Almera and about £18 for the Skyline?:confused:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys. :D

I have an aftermarket oil cooler, but the filter seems to be in the standard position (located just under the inlet manifold?), so I guess I don't have a remote filter kit.

I guess the UK and JDM Skylines both use the same filters then and the UK ones didn't have a remote filter kit installed with their additional oil cooler.

Does anyone know for sure? I don't want to go wasting a whole SIX POUNDS!! on a oil filter just to find it doesn't fit. ;-)

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
I cannot be of any more help. I took my car to my friendly local japanese parts supplier and he gave me the same filter as I already had on. cheap as well! Standard is probably primaera or almera. There was a thread about this but I cannot find it! All the tuners will know if you are pally with one.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Excellent... Thanks. :D

Just phoned my local dealer, and it is indeed the same as an Almera filter, total cost: £4.70 :D

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Can't see why it should be different to be honest - an oil filter is an oil filter is an oil filter. Or something :)

Still good to know for the future - I'll have to remember that when I come to change mine.

·
Registered
905 Posts
2 hours too late...... mind u dont know how much he wants for it yet......sh1t..

Thjat'll teach me to ask you lot first wont it?

Si

1 - 8 of 8 Posts