GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi comrades !
Yes. I'am Russian, rare bird here :)
After keeping long silence, I decided to start my diary here. Why? It's easy to understand, but much to explain. Firstly, Russia is LHD country, also as I live in Saint Petersburg the JDM scene is very poor here, some people buy some JDM cars, do some things to them, but there is no JDM community.
Real community where people meet, communicate, exchange knowlege and thoughts...no chemistry.We have some big sites dedicated to JDM cars to where people mostly come to trade things, show cool gizmos they have bought recently and make fun of others, amusing, but of no avail...
Before I bought my skyline I've already got some experience with jap cars like JZA70, Subaru wrx and Civic EG, cars that make you feel alive, but GTR imho is in another dimension.
To begin with, I wanted R34GTT because sum of 33-34 GTR was too much for me, but on the verge of buying R34 on Jap car auction I saw announcement of the sale of GTR33 nearby, car conquered my heart instantly,

i bought the car without engine,

collected remnants of the engine throughout workshop where car intended to be repaired. Ah, those never completing projects...
And began to assess the scale of the disaster.
it was extensive: Burned pistons, scratched insides of the block... but the most impressive thing was that the half of valve guides cracked, collapsed and fell down to combustion cameras.I think car had been going with that mess for a quite time.
Block was cleaned, machined, polished and honed,thank God we had crankshaft to polish only.

P.S. I beg your pardon for my awkward english, I'am really the guy from Russia.
Your opinions, suggestions, criticism, are extremely welcome, thats exactly what I'am looking for.

to be continued.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Did this come up in the normal auctions with no engine or was it off Yahoo or something?

Looks like a great project!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Great selfie Boris! What are you planning on doing to the engine?
Thanks dude ! Actually Boris the Blade character of Guy Richie movie SNATCH, i think its collective image of russians in the eyes of english people :)
My name is Dim ;)
As for the engine:

Wiseco forged pistons, Eagle H-beams and ACL bearings were installed.

Our little JDM hut :wavey:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did this come up in the normal auctions with no engine or was it off Yahoo or something?

Looks like a great project!
No, I bought car from local seller, he went into some drag racing and blew up an engine.
Thank you !

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Thanks dude ! Actually Boris the Blade character of Guy Richie movie SNATCH, i think its collective image of russians in the eyes of english people :)
My name is Dim ;)
]
Haha yeh I know it's one of my all time favourite films! Welcome to the forum Dim. Keep posting your pictures up. Any questions I'm sure youl find the answer on here. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Nice choice of parts for the engine, some people are against the Eagle rods, but I think they are well worth the money. Did you buy the pistons and the rods as a package deal?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice choice of parts for the engine, some people are against the Eagle rods, but I think they are well worth the money. Did you buy the pistons and the rods as a package deal?
I quit my diary on biggest automotive russian site 'nismo-club' after they said "You cannot put american spares into japanese engine")

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Then we tried to extract valveguides from head,they did not come out that whatever we do, at last we heated head and pour liquid nitrogen into valveguides trying to press them out - no effect. So we had to move head to a workshop to have this done, i mention it because our keynote is to do as much as possible by our own hands.

Finally valveguides (their remnants) were extracted, head was also inspected, cleaned and machined for new valves.

Also we installed
- N1 fuel pump
- N1 water pump
- Tomei valveguides
- ARP studs
- Cometic 1.1 mm gasket

Our little jdm hut ;)

2 be continued
Dear sirs, your comments, advise, criticism are more than welcome.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good work Dim, keep it coming

Mikey
Thank You, its pretty complicated thing, to keep things rolling, because of our national currency drop. But on the other hand now i have some good rims for sale cheap in pounds, what do you think if i try to make some sele on gtr.co.uk ?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi There,

Nice project you got there man.

Atleast you could build a strong motor from the beginning as the motor was in pieces.

I bought my R33 in a similar state to yours with motor out the car and in pieces.

Best of luck with your build man looking forward to updates

1 - 20 of 37 Posts