GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I was wondering if anybody has got an IAC valve kicking about that they could either possibly lend me or sell to me so I can see if it is that causing my high idle. I'd rather try that first than pull off my inlet manifold to change the gaskets. Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Neil

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Just try clamping the air hose from your current valve once the engine's properly warmed up. If you squeeze the hose and your idle drops then it's definitely leaking.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Not sure that's right!

The ECU applies a signal (PWM) to maintain a target idle speed. Blocking off the IACV may cause a change in revs, it may mean it's not set right, not for definite that the valve is faulty? If you block it up, and it still idles high, then you have an air leak, or throttle butterflies not closing properly.

Is the adjustment screw on IACV turned fully in?

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Oops. Am I thinking about the 'cold start valve' (i.e. the one with a simple 12v feed and a thermostatically closed air feed) rather than the idle control valve?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The adjustment screw is all the way in. Where is the "cold start valve"?

If you've got the time can anyone take a look at this and see if it makes any sense? http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?t=46928

It seems like a lot of people are having this high idle issue which doesn't seem to be related to the inlet manifold gaskets. Anyway I'll get it back at the weekend spray the possible areas with WD40 to do a double check.

cheers

Neil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts