GTR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
use the stock pump as a lifter to a swirl tank. Install the two 044s in that tank, then run the two outputs in parallel to an aftermarket fuel rail, one entering on each end.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
use the stock pump as a lifter to a swirl tank. Install the two 044s in that tank, then run the two outputs in parallel to an aftermarket fuel rail, one entering on each end.
well, i didn't plan to do it that way, but it seems the better way, is just that I do not want to modify my trunk space with swirl pot and fuel pumps.

my intention was to place the bosch pump between the fuel inlet and the rail and still maintain my stock intank pump.

would this work for say, 500whp?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
well, i didn't plan to do it that way, but it seems the better way, is just that I do not want to modify my trunk space with swirl pot and fuel pumps.

my intention was to place the bosch pump between the fuel inlet and the rail and still maintain my stock intank pump.

would this work for say, 500whp?
yes that should be ok but its not a good idea to move your goal posts (even reduce them), stick to your original plan for 600whp it will be more satisfying in the end!! just some advice!:thumbsup:

kev

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
it's possible to go dual 044, both in the tank. I did, just need a custom bracket, or hell, if you're cheap, you could zip-tie the two pumps together, just need some rubber between the two pumps.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it's possible to go dual 044, both in the tank. I did, just need a custom bracket, or hell, if you're cheap, you could zip-tie the two pumps together, just need some rubber between the two pumps.
nah, not cheap. just prefer to keep most things stock as possible. dont wanna turn it into another race car. just a car to have fun on the streets.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Reading that it sounds like your telling him to fit the 044's in the swirl tank.

What a novel idea. :chairshot:chairshot. Wonder if it'll ever catch on?????

:chuckle:

The way I see it is that you will need one of THESE:-

(or equivalent) in your std tank which will then feed to one of THESE:-

Then use one of THESE:-

to feed the rail and your sorted. Obviously you'll need an uprated FPR and some decent fuel lines. That little lot should be good for a fair few HP.

TT

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
I cant see that photo of the red pump but if its a 1000hp SX dont even consider it.
Might work on a 1000hp v8 on carbs but they are gay gay gay on injected engines.
I know of 2 examples just recently where they couldnt supply enough fuel at 8 something hp....they were swapped out for 2 044's.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I agree, they may have good low pressure flow, but flow at around 3.5 bar plus is a joke. Fuel pumps and fuel pump regulators = Bosch = reliable. Bright anodised things with fancy advertising usually = junk, in my experience. I have yet to see any serious injected race car using Aeromotive anything, to be frank.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts