GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else think there is little to no bass from the subs? I'm not after some head banging sound, but it's like they don't even do anything. They are working, but the bass is set on max, and nothing :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
doesnt sound right, although the quality isn't the best i woundn't say there is little to no base. Sounds like it is not work correctly

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I am thinking, although my 2012 was almost the same. Can't remember, but I'm sure it wasn't too different.
Hoping there may be an amp upgrade, or something similar. Need to hear another one I suppose

·
Registered
25,128 Posts
Its a loud car, with little to no sound deadening and a 13 year old sub tech lol

its sh8t

as above, getting it sound deadened

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
ditch it geez... was the first thing I did when I bought mine. The sound system in them is total garbage

I have the r35audio stage 2, I can show it to you next time I see you. its nothing too fancy or even close to the system I had in the M5 because I didn't want to add weight but it works a treat and 100% improvement over the factory equipment

·
Registered
25,128 Posts
Yes lol. May as well just bin them, and save the weight :LOL:
for the time its not too bad.

The issue is the sound padding material, not really the base itself (although it is poor)

if it was me, i would do as above and have the sound deadening put in. will help with the road noise.

i still do not understand how anyone can take a call in the car with the quality of the audio/sound noise

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't add weight unfortunately, but will look at alternatives. I thought having two subs it would at least have some bass. But obviously not.
When I've got the car back (in for ppf) then will have a play around. And just 100% make sure they are both actually doing something!

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Odd. Mine is fine. I'm a hifi nut and not a fan of Bose, but find my my17 to be more than acceptable. Certainly enough to shake the rear view mirror and set my tinnitus off. To be honest just turn the damn thing off...the real music comes from the engine

·
Vendor
6,274 Posts
My previous 2 17 cars sounded ok, my 19 car sounds alot heavier and louder, i have noticed this that some of the older cars sounded better than each other of the same year, personally i think it's down to how loud the sound has been played constantly which weakens the subs and in some cases knackers one of the subs so only one works.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts