GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Has anyone had any problems with the speakers? My drivers side door speaker is touch and go if it wants to work and upon reporting it to the dealer at the 1200 mile service, I was told it could not be looked at until the next service as it was a 'sound system issue'. Now the passenger side door speaker is doing the same. Anyone else with the same problem or any solution suggestions?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Hello all. Has anyone had any problems with the speakers? My drivers side door speaker is touch and go if it wants to work and upon reporting it to the dealer at the 1200 mile service, I was told it could not be looked at until the next service as it was a 'sound system issue'. Now the passenger side door speaker is doing the same. Anyone else with the same problem or any solution suggestions?
What!? Tell your HPC to book it in for warranty work. Or name and shame the HPC!

·
Registered
634 Posts
I had the same issue with the Bose in my old 350Z - Replaced the head unit for that one. My CD player has packed up in mine.

Waiting for it to go in for a swap out

Kp

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
LOL at the spares prices on this car:
8K for a CD player is utterly ridiculus you can get CD players for £20
Thats a 40000% mark up.

Nissan have totally lost the plot ...

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Bose in car stereo systems are a joke, waste of money! Bose are much better in the home

Theres no way they are worth 8k!!!

Im my honda im running the Alpine F1status system now thats an in car system

·
Registered
690 Posts
They probably cost £80 to make! I reckon Nissan must sit in a room and play the "what is the most ridiculous price we can put on this item" game! It's almost funny.....until the 3 year (w) runs out and they actually expect you to pay!!!

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
The way the speakers are wired is beyond belief. Do you lose all sound or just from one speaker at at a time?

BTW - i'm getting my Bose system upgraded (it's truly rubbish - those placing orders save your money. I'll post photos of the speakers when i get my car back and you'll wonder where your money went) and the guys at Audio Advice are having no end of problems with doing the upgrade.The positioning of one of the amps ridiculous too.

I went to visit Audio Advice on Saturday and saw my car in bits, and saw all the bits, and it's a joke of an audio install. They said they have never worked with anything like it in all their years. As great as the car is, the Bose sound system is poor. I've asked them to do a write up as they are now by far and away one of (if not the) most experienced car audio installers when it comes to the GTR. I'll post it here too when it's done.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The way the speakers are wired is beyond belief. Do you lose all sound or just from one speaker at at a time?

BTW - i'm getting my Bose system upgraded (it's truly rubbish - those placing orders save your money. I'll post photos of the speakers when i get my car back and you'll wonder where your money went) and the guys at Audio Advice are having no end of problems with doing the upgrade.The positioning of one of the amps ridiculous too.

I went to visit Audio Advice on Saturday and saw my car in bits, and saw all the bits, and it's a joke of an audio install. They said they have never worked with anything like it in all their years. As great as the car is, the Bose sound system is poor. I've asked them to do a write up as they are now by far and away one of (if not the) most experienced car audio installers when it comes to the GTR. I'll post it here too when it's done.
Any updates mate?

·
Registered
2,766 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
I had a real problem with losing sound in the left speakers of my Bose in my old 350z and found that giving the head unit a thump often seemed to deal with it. I think there was an intermittently loose connection and the dealer could never replicate the problem whenever it was in for a service or a check (after the warranty expired I just gave up). The weird thing was it only ever affected CD's rather than the radio.

I really hope my GTR won't be as temperamental. The Bose definitely sounds a lot better in the GTR, the subwoofer in the 350z was just ridiculous and sounded crap unless you are the type that likes to play drum and bass at ear-splitting volumes whilst waiting at traffic lights ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts