GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting to get some of these for a while, and finally did. These make the car look so much better in my opinion. They're hella bright. When I hit the brakes, all I see is red light coated over everything in my rear view mirror. Easy install, great quality. New only 20,000 yen shipped to my door. Thank god for Yahoo auctions

New

Old

New and Old

Wonder if this will make my car faster?

New on left, old on right

New

Old

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
:Copycat :D

lol

Looking good :cool:.

And they really do make a big difference, especially if you still have the original exploding brake discs!
Worthwhile mod. Cars nice too.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Sweeeeeet. Didn't know they had em for the R32. So the 32 & 34 have em. Nice.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
I think they look a bit naff :(

Bajie - are they the same as yours?!

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Pikey said:
I think they look a bit naff :(

Bajie - are they the same as yours?!
They are the same as mine.

Its an arguable point though mate.
Because you can see each individual led, you could argue they don't fit with the car as not as smooth as the originals.
But, the first time you press the brakes, and the car behind starts to slow down as he knows you have, its Valhalla :)

Also, as the replacements go in the original casing, theres not so much fiddling or messing around getting them to fit.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I must admit I am in two minds myself about these...

I absolutely LOVE the way LED lights have that instant response (you see them on new London buses and some HGV lorries have them for indicators as well as a few modern marks of cars (VW Passat has them for lights / brakes lights and indicators)
The way they are so instant at flashing really puts them into perspective vs. older bulbs, but.... I just can't seem to make myself like them on the R32's rear lights. I desperately want them for my indicators, and if they had the rear lights, just with a cluster of LED bulbs behind the red lens then that might look ok.

Still, these still look good, I’m just not sure if I prefer them to the original clusters - can't fault the performance though, my rear brake lights are awful, during the day you can hardly seem them light up and at night they don't look too different from the normal rear lights!

Bajie, hoe much did yours set you back if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
JasonGTR said:
They have them for the 33 as well

As you can see by my avatar, they are also available for the 33:clap:

I love the LED's, they just bring the rear end a little more up to date.

For those of you that dont fancy the individual LED lights I have heard you can buy led boiler rings??:)

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've thought about these time and time again. They look amazing on an R34 GT-R, but the R32 GT-R is old skool. The R32 GT-R looks great with yellow headlights instead of modern hues of blue! Then again, have you guys seen the "star pattern" led tail-lights available for the R32 now?

Here's a pic:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.