GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More of a curiosity question than anything else - does an atmospheric BOV help with an auto? I have a GTST auto and was wondering. It changes gear pretty fast with little noticeable loss of spin. Does anyone know if they have a recirculation type as standard? Anyone fitted an atmospheric type - what experiences did you have?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yeah the standard one is a recirculation type and does work well, just minus the whooooosssssssshhhhhhhh.

The atmospheric type on an auto works but not when u change gear due to the nature of an auto box as it doesn't really change gear if u get what i mean compared to a manual, the only way it works mate is when u blip the trottle on the move mate. Works well on the auto gtst i had.

If u want it draw attention mate then its works well:D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Rich J,

Thanks for that - pretty much as I expected. Other than making a noise I can't see theres any bonus. The turbo doesn't seem to drop off at all on upchanges, which I guess means theres little advantage or need for one, over the standard.
My old cossie had some non descript one fitted and it was great fun 'playing' the box for effect :D

Bob

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yeah your right there is not much need for one on an auto as the u say there is hardly any pressure drop on the auto which is good!:D

Again which a cossie mate you can pick up a bov/dump valve for around £60 new which ain't gonna break the bank, but new your looking at around £260 average m8.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts