GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put on some arc twin bovs, blanked the other pipe with a custom made bov blocker.
Used some 4mm vacuum boost pipe.

Now when i put my foot down it seems as though something is restricting the boost, it's has lost a serious amount of power to when i didn't have the arc bovs in.

The car also runs really rough when at a stand still, think the term is hunting? Rev's go up a little bit and then below zero and nearly feels like stalling.

It may just be a something i forgot to do or I'm using the wrong size vacuum boost pipe or just a silly mistake I've done.

Any ideas at all? Really appreciated if there is anyone that can help.

Thank you for looking
Sham

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard the same, it doesn't actually stall, it's the power issue that is getting to me, just feels like something is restricting the power flow.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Do yourself a favour and put the recircs back on.
The originals are more than BOVS.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some very good points lol
May have to get originals back on

Just a quick a thought could the boost/vacuum hose be too thin? It's 4mm...
May not be the right size. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it may be a boost leak, the vacuum hose pipe may have a cut in it, going to order a wider one and check.
The blocker was made custom to my size i required, it's on and working as it should. Will check again tho.

Just out of curiosity, how do i pressurise the system? Maybe a dumb question, but I'm new to all this...but want to ideally start learning all this.

Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have twin blitz bovs on mine, runs like a dream, no hunting/stalling issues ever!
What did u use to block the other pipe off?
And what mm size vacuum pipe hose thing you use?

Would help a lot tbh if you know?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Same here running a twin Blitz setup and its perfect :cool:
Lol think this is becoming one sided.
I think I've just made a simple mistake.

Could you help me out? What did you also use to block the other pipe off , and what mm size vacuum hose?

Out of curiosity what size was the bung that you fitted?

Sorrry to be a pain, but any little thing helps!:flame:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah mine is 50mm too.
Just looked at the original recirc pipe work that i took off, it's a lot wider/thicker than the 4mm one i got. So may need to buy a bigger ones or re-use the old recirc ones...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts