GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am thinking of coming back into GTR ownership after selling my R32 GTR 12 years ago!
Question is, has anybody dealt with Boys Toys company before? Any opinions and views will be greatly appreciated. They have a few R32 and R33 in stock and seems to be in good conditios and specs.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Step away ...

Bargain Cars Direct and Boyz toyz are the same firm, Paul Brown Cars incorporation date was 5 days before Bargain Cars direct was dissolved. I believe they've allegedly traded as a dissolved company, too. Make of that what you will. They're banned from even being mentioned on the Supra forum.

·
Registered
261 Posts
All the cars ive seen from him seem to be over priced for what you are getting.

They came up the same time Paul Brown stopped showing up on piston heads, is this the same company?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Step away ...

Bargain Cars Direct and Boyz toyz are the same firm, Paul Brown Cars incorporation date was 5 days before Bargain Cars direct was dissolved. I believe they've allegedly traded as a dissolved company, too. Make of that what you will. They're banned from even being mentioned on the Supra forum.
Sorry should of read the thread clearly

·
Registered
381 Posts
Peter,

I've bought my R34 GTR VSpec from AutoBMC in Watford a few years ago, and still use them for some basic work on my cars. Norman is a top bloke, very down to earth and honest. He has an R33 GTR with forged internals in stock at the moment, might be worth looking up via Google?

cheers

Tal

·
Vendor
3,440 Posts
I would say go to Jurgen at JM imports mate,
Top guy and very honest . He gets really nice cars and the prices are good when you compare them to someone else ....

You won't go wrong mate

·
Registered
949 Posts
As Bob said above...all three of them have a very good reputation and you won't go wrong.

I got mine from Harlow-Jap and Ozz was great to deal with. They have a very desirable collection of cars indeed :)

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
I would say go to Jurgen at JM imports mate,
Top guy and very honest . He gets really nice cars and the prices are good when you compare them to someone else ....

You won't go wrong mate
Here here

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
There seems to be a reduction of good R32's for sale in the UK already, they are still out there but not as common as they use to be. If your ok to wait for a few weeks/months otherwise use someone you are happy with to import one for you? Same case with R33 GTR's with good clean examples being kept by owners or sold abroad.
NewEra, JM-Imports, Ozz @HJA etc - there are a few choices. Prices are firming up for a good condition one espically with the US market opening up

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Cleaned once again, keep to topic otherwise it gets locked. Any grievances to be conducted by PM. Last warning folks.

·
Registered
590 Posts
i bought my first gtr r33 from "paul brown" back in 2011

Engine blew after two months

"Guess that could of happened to anyone right"!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you all for your response. I guess people are hanging on to their good R32's and R33's GTR. Sometimes it's just potluck that you get a good one and bad ones as these cars are more than 20 years old. Idealy you buy from people like Steve who look after their cars with no expenses spared! Just had to be patient and get the right one.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.