GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Has any one had any strange problems with BP Ultimate with in the last week ?

I filled up with BP Ultimate near Wiggon and then in east yorkshire,
this caused some rough running, when I filled up with Esso Super the issue dissapered.

There was no Knock or Pinking issues but there was alots of black smoke, so much that I checked it with my Wideband lamba and also used the FC Data logit to check for any issues with sensors.

This is 100% relaied to the Fuel.

Just wondering if any one else had noticed any thing odd.

Nigel

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I always used to use BP and the car always chucked black smoke out of the rear.... wont go near it now....

·
Registered
501 Posts
USed it a couple of times and car ran like a bag of spanners, optimax or tesco 99 ron nothing else :D

Butuz

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I have am using V Power or Esso at the moment

nearest V Power is about 17 Miles away

Nige

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Yeah I've used a few tank loads of it as BP garage is about 1 mile away where as the shell one about 10-12miles. It didnt make my car feel rough but switched to Shell V Power and the car does feel better so only going to be using that now.

Plus the cheeky feckers have put BP price upto 103 at my local !!! 10p a litre more then Sheel V-Power....hows that work !?!?

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
There is currently a dispute going through with a GTROC member and a bad batch of petrol that caused some damage to a car. So it might pay you to collect any evidence in case you need it later.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Current restrictions prevent me from divulging any more information. The information was passed to me in strictest confidence, sorry.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah It is stange.

I have got the Reciepts and other info

Nigel

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
oh my god.... i filled up with BP ultimate last night on way home (never done before) and the car ran like a bag of shit today, even briefly saw knock levels over 100. so i turned the boost down. ran the petrol down., filled up with V-Power - now its back to normal.

something must be done to BP for selling shit! ie. not fit for purpose. or at the very least the sue the garage as they may have contaminated tanks. need to know how old and when last serviced/inspected etc.

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
Tried it when desperate on 2 ocasions in 2 differant gtr's my 33 was the worst ,it hated it ,limped home at 40 mph in high gear ,34 hates it as well .Some peoples cars my be fine on it but I think it is sh*t and inconsistant and think most it it is probably 95 ron ,it's that bad .Used Total a few times and all was ok .Try to make sure I keep octane booster on me now just to be a bit safer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
V-Power

Hello,

Are you meant to re-map your skyline's ECU to run on V-Power etc or just stick it in.

Cheers John:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts