·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have done some reading on GTRLife and of all the DIY options, I like this one the most:-
My ducted brake cooling for front rotors/calipers - Brakes - GT-R Life

On page 3 is some comments from Stillen about the state of their discs after a long and hard track life (50+ track days and 1000+ miles)

Any suggestions on what/how to improve?

I would prefer to run the ducting to the front of the car and use the air ducts there. Dont fancy ripping off a lip at speed!! Im also tempted by the Knight Racer kit to see if they can be used together.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Having gone through the links, will read more tomorrow... My list looks like this (in order):-

ducting from the front
deflectors
funnel from the ducting to the caliper

·
Registered
754 Posts
Graham you may have read it already, but Johnny has mentioned brake cooling as part of his product lineup.
He's done some good development work with his partners in the past for the audi, so hopefully he'll come up with a proper, good value for money solution.

Protegimus

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Graham you may have read it already, but Johnny has mentioned brake cooling as part of his product lineup.
He's done some good development work with his partners in the past for the audi, so hopefully he'll come up with a proper, good value for money solution.

Protegimus
I have seen, but no details, testing or results have been released - cant wait forever. Besides, some ducting and CF deflectors dont cost much, so will start with this. If he releases something good (at a decent price) I will consider it then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts