GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
morning all,

my car is currently with nissan for a service, they have suggested that i change the discs at the front as they are at 32.05mm (advisory for them is anything under 32 is not safe).

now with porsche in the past i have had this, where they say it should be changed, even though they are good for at least another 2k. is this the case with this? or should i realistically be changing them around this width?

thanks guys

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Don't buy replacements from the Nissan dealer, loads better, cheaper alternatives from the indies.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't buy replacements from the Nissan dealer, loads better, cheaper alternatives from the indies.

yeah litchfields quoted me 600quid cheaper for better alternatives, problem is I plan to sell the car soon, so am I more likely to get rid of it to a dealer/private with Nissan parts?

and any idea on that width safety for the discs?

cheers

·
Registered
924 Posts
morning all,

my car is currently with nissan for a service, they have suggested that i change the discs at the front as they are at 32.05mm (advisory for them is anything under 32 is not safe).

now with porsche in the past i have had this, where they say it should be changed, even though they are good for at least another 2k. is this the case with this? or should i realistically be changing them around this width?

thanks guys
If you're not tracking / last minute loon on the brakes, I wouldn't panic mate honestly, dealers want to sell parts. Sure very thin discs will eventually show a problem but you are well off that for now. More likely to warp when thin than explode.

Let the dealer that buys it worry about it.

Satan

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
if the brakes are low just make sure it is reflected in the price. The thing that puts people off is when the car is advertised as top condition, for top dollar and then when you look at it, it needs service, tyres and brakes replacing. Providing your price recognises the need for brakes there shouldn't be any issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts