GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I hope you dont mind visitors from other forums, I'm from the 300ZX forum. Anyway, hello to all you guys :) I would like some advice from you lot about R33 disks.

I've had R33 GTR calipers put on my 300ZX (only at the front) and it's time for me to buy new brake disks. I was wondering what you R33 GTR owners recommended. I'm also thinking about the Ferodo pads that you guys seem to like but was wondering what they are like with regards to chucking out brake dust.

Anyway, any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Andy

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discs

Watcha Andy.

Was out with one of your guys, Warren 300Z, on Saturday and one of the subjects we were talking about, with Tony at Abbeymotorsport, was Discs for you guys.

Have a chat with Warren or alternatively call Abbeys as they have a cheaper option than the expensive factory replacements.

See Ya.

glen

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mate. Funny you mention Warren as he is one of my best friends from the ZX forum. I've been speaking to him and we are trying to work out the best way of getting disks since we both want to go to the Nurburgring later this year (with a bunch of you guys AFAICR!). Currently, we are thinking of ordering stock disks from Courtesy and then shipping them here to be slotted by the guys at 3G brakes but I'm worried that the shipping on something as big and heavy as brake disks will mean it's just not economical which is why I was wondering if you guys knew anything over here that was being recommended.

Here's a laugh, just called my local Nissan dealer to get an idea of how much the stock disks cost. Firstly, when I said a Skyline R33 GTR, they said "we are a Nissan dealer Sir, we only deal with Nissans". After assuring him that the Skyline was indeed a Nissan, he evertually got off his arse and looked at the microfiche (or whatever they have there). Anyway, the price was enough to make me pass out. He quoted me £547 + vat PER DISK. WTF?? That isn't right, surely! I did question it, but I got the "I'm afraid that is the correct price, sir" bullsh*t. Oh well, it made me laugh!

Cheers,
Andy

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi,

It is the real price. as I found out after warping mine.

Cheers TOM.:smokin:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Speak to Alan Zini at Dragon (01206 865 444), he's developped a disc and bell conversion that's stronger, lighter, cheaper and the replacement rotors are even less...

Worth a call,

Dave

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi,

I need new discs for my R33, but after all the other bits I can't manage a big brake conversion.....yet.
I was looking for some normal replacement front discs, EBC are about to start selling replacement front R33 discs (grooved/drilled) for approx £200 for the pair. Even if they don't last that long it's not too much cash to replace them quite often. The chap from the EBC stand at the Donny show should be calling me tomorrow with the date they'll be available and the exact price.

Mike.

·
Registered
598 Posts
On R33 Vspec

Ferodo DS2500 do chuck out dust and mine squeal as well (not sure if this is normal but is a right pain) but do stop WELL.

OE pads are more expensive but don't squeal, and are alloy and disc friendly, and have only experience fade on a track (partly coz i don't drive quick on roads).

Once had a set of Porterfield jobbies on a Porsche, killed the pads and new discs in 12000miles and they squealed like an artic.

It all depends on your priorities. if you want 'liveability' go OE, if you drive quick or on track then DS2500.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the feedback guys, I appreciate it. I'm following up some of your leads and I'll let you know how I get on.

Mike, did you hear back from EBC about those disks? They sound good and the price is nice!

Andy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts