GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not trying to be stingy or anything was just wandering about the cost's
involved on a 60 month service!!

I will be going to litchfield's for this one as i'm doing a trip that way anyway
and will also get the new V4 applied at the same time, thing is my car is at approx 20k miles and does approx 1k-1.5k per year, never has seen a track
and never will, just street use, now this 60 month service is scheduled to have the spark plug's and brake line's changed but my thought's are is it necessary?

As spark plug's last alot longer than this and so do the brake line's
Would like to know people's thought's.

Thank's John

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I'm in exactly the same position with 20k miles at 5 years, plugs are always good to swap out every few years and if your already at that expense then the brake lines are only a few more pennies for the sake of a 100% correct service history.

It does seem excessive though, just about to put a new set of tyres on mine, and the 5 year service - its the brake discs that are giving me stress. Seriously £1500 for a set of discs is insane! I know its not exactly apples and apples but theres a Mitsubushi GTO TT in the family (1700kg, 160mph capable) and the front discs for that are £100 a pair. Can't figure out why no one has brought a set of reasonable discs to the market for this car.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in exactly the same position with 20k miles at 5 years, plugs are always good to swap out every few years and if your already at that expense then the brake lines are only a few more pennies for the sake of a 100% correct service history.

It does seem excessive though, just about to put a new set of tyres on mine, and the 5 year service - its the brake discs that are giving me stress. Seriously £1500 for a set of discs is insane! I know its not exactly apples and apples but theres a Mitsubushi GTO TT in the family (1700kg, 160mph capable) and the front discs for that are £100 a pair. Can't figure out why no one has brought a set of reasonable discs to the market for this car.
Yeah i know exactly what you mean mate, i will have it done it's just i'm a bugger when it come's to changing something that might not actually need to be changed,
Regarding disc's clark motorsport are doing a deal on their dba disc's check em out around £620 of the top of my head, Keith's been testing them on track and there doing very well:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
Without knowing the costs involved for discs and research/development there has always been GTR tax added to things :(

I'd get the history done as it should be, for if the time comes to sell it's 100%

·
Vendor
17 Posts
The reason they are recommended so early on a GT-R is rubber lines do degrade and begin swelling. This reduces pedal feel, and overall quality of the feel of the car. By making it a regular service item, Nissan hopes to keep similar to new feel through out the cars life.

That said, do not go back with rubber lines, there are many quality braided stainless brake lines that fatigue and a MUCH slower rate than rubber, and generally can be had at less cost.

As far as spark plugs- I would change them at least at 20k intervals. The GT-R is making a lot of power, and demand a lot of the spark plug.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts