GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stock ones were toast by 4k miles with some moderate track use.

Ferodo DS2500s have not been that great. Low bite and judder at high speed.

Pagids are not the right size and very expensive.

Heard mixed reports about Carbotech and Performance Friction.

Alex says Carbonetic are good but hasn't tried them on a GT-R yet.

Any others have some experience?

What about Endless? Daryl can get them for a good price, but what are the CCRg ceramic carbon metallics like on the road and track? I remember using a set of Endless CCMs on the R33 many years ago and they were fantastic, but very expensive at the time.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
The black GTR at the Ring had the carbonetics on,he was very happy with them,disc´s looked very good,no pad deposits.....;)

Im putting mine on tomorrow,so can say something over them in the next days.

·
Registered
565 Posts
David,

Used the DS2500 on an AP Big Brake set up on my Subaru Track CAr and was not overly impressed with them either.

I am sure the cars at the Race Academy are running EBC's, will try and get this confirmed for you when i am back there next week.

I tell you who is worth dropping a line - Graham at CAT Driver Training he has been heavily involved with the GTR for some time and may be able to advise on pads pro's and con's he was certainly very helpfull on tyres etc when we were at the last Millbrook day.

Regards

Scott

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
David,

Used the DS2500 on an AP Big Brake set up on my Subaru Track CAr and was not overly impressed with them either.

I am sure the cars at the Race Academy are running EBC's, will try and get this confirmed for you when i am back there next week.

I tell you who is worth dropping a line - Graham at CAT Driver Training he has been heavily involved with the GTR for some time and may be able to advise on pads pro's and con's he was certainly very helpfull on tyres etc when we were at the last Millbrook day.

Regards

Scott
Thanks for the info Scott, I will drop Graham a line.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
We can offer the EBC Yellowstuff pads:thumbsup: Front & Rear;)

Ultra High Friction Street And Race Pad
Brakes Perfectly From Cold Up To Race Temperature
Works Well Cars/Trucks/SUV; Not A Low Dust Pad
Totally Resistant To Rotor Vibration
Great Choice For Street And Track
Heavily Loaded Brake Requirements On Truck And SUV
Stopping Power Is What You Need
Then There Is No Other Choice

More info here: Yellowstuff Brake Pads 4000 "R" Series

Dave:wavey:

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much for a set for the R35 Dave? And which of the two compounds would you recommend for the GT-R?

I've been in a modded M Coupe around the Ring with EBC pads and it was shocking how good they were.

The site indicates they work well with heavier cars under race conditions too which is promising...

Dust I can live with (especially with grey wheels!) but any reports on squealing?

·
Registered
797 Posts
i've used carbotech on previous cars xp10's in particular road and track excellent initial bite the xp12's as robbie has would probably be better suited to the 35 you won't be dissapointed

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
How much for a set for the R35 Dave? And which of the two compounds would you recommend for the GT-R?

I've been in a modded M Coupe around the Ring with EBC pads and it was shocking how good they were.

The site indicates they work well with heavier cars under race conditions too which is promising...

Dust I can live with (especially with grey wheels!) but any reports on squealing?
I will speak to EBC Tech guys later today & get back to you:thumbsup:

Dave.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Just spoke to EBC Technical:thumbsup:

Pads only come in the DM1793 Compound for the UK Market. He also confirmed that they are supplying these pads to Silverstone for the track days:D

No complaints of brake squeal as of yet:nervous:

Prices are:

Front RRP £286.35 Our price £215.00 INCLUDING VAT & UK DELIVERY.
Rear RRP £156.31 Our price £120.00 INCLUDING VAT & UK DELIVERY.
Set RRP £442.66 Our price £325.00 INCLUDING VAT & UK DELIVERY.

Delivery within EU also available POA

Dave:)

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts

Pads only come in the DM1793 Compound for the UK Market. He also confirmed that they are supplying these pads to Silverstone for the track days:D

Prices are:

Good price Dave - have you been through the 1200 service yet with your beast?

I am very impressed with Darren

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Prices are:

Great price and service Dave! I will get in touch as soon as Middlehurst agree to take back my DS2500s.

·
Registered
168 Posts

Prices are:

Hi Dave - i presume they fit the current Brembo calipers on the R35? Or does it require a caliper change?

Thanks.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Those prices are 'per pad' right? Wasn't entirely sure what 'set' meant as there isn't a price for set of 'fronts' and set of 'rears', if that makes sense?

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dave will confirm I'm sure, but nobody sells pads singly, so the front price would be for a set of fronts, i.e. 4 pads and likewise for the rears.

They are designed to be straight forward replacements for the stock pads, no other hardware changes necessary.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts