GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested in a group buy for Pagid RS29 pads?

I have been using these on my car, on the road only and they have been excellent. Couldn't recommend them enough. Never faded, even from high speed. Great from cold. No noise / sqeals or anything like that for me. PLus they are really long lasting and don't trash your disks.

They are however fairly pricey, with a set of fronts retailing around the £450/£500 mark (inc vat and delivery).

If enough people want to join in then a group buy can be done to get better pricing. Estimate around £370 delivered or better, for a set of fronts.

What I would like to know is:
- How many people are due a pad change shortly?
- Who would be interested in Pagid RS29's? (if enough people want something else I could be convinced to look at another pad provided it's rep is good / compares to the Pagid)
- Who would be interested in joining in to get a spare set for the future?

Mart

·
Registered
888 Posts
I'm interested! But i'll need them next week, as i'm looking to change the front discs & pads on my next days off. So may be a little short notice to take advantage:-(
Off to a meet in a couple of weeks & have a run planned too & i'm suffering a bit of brake judder once warm!!

Best price I could get is from a trader on here....£450

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mook, quite possibly. Evotune have offered good pricing if ten peeps can get together. That said, if there is a different number (be it more or less) I might look to the market and see what people are able to offer.

Are there some rules I need to be aware of?

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm interested! But i'll need them next week, as i'm looking to change the front discs & pads on my next days off. So may be a little short notice to take advantage:-(
Off to a meet in a couple of weeks & have a run planned too & i'm suffering a bit of brake judder once warm!!

Best price I could get is from a trader on here....£450
Iggy normal retail i do on fronts is £432 inc vat

·
Registered
888 Posts
Iggy normal retail i do on fronts is £432 inc vat
Jamie,

Cheers mate!
I PM'd you over the this weekend, as I need a set of 'J-Hook' AP front discs as well!

Is it 10 we need for the GB price, (every penny helps) & any idea how long the result of this GB will be?

Cheers
Iggy

ps: I'm awaiting a price from a guy who supplied my last set of Performance Friction discs & PF Z pads...... got to shop around like:chuckle:

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
as soon as we have the numbers, or enough to justify a discussion anyway I will be looking. My front ones are very close to needing changing.

Jamie, once I have an idea of numbers will give you a buzz to talk over as it was originally your post / offer that got me interested (as per my post on your other thread about this).

·
Registered
423 Posts
Jamie,

Cheers mate!
I PM'd you over the this weekend, as I need a set of 'J-Hook' AP front discs as well!

Is it 10 we need for the GB price, (every penny helps) & any idea how long the result of this GB will be?

Cheers
Iggy

ps: I'm awaiting a price from a guy who supplied my last set of Performance Friction discs & PF Z pads...... got to shop around like:chuckle:
Cool mate did you get my reply to your pm ?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Cool mate did you get my reply to your pm ?
Sure did mate :thumbsup:

I see this is up to 6 interested parties. So i'll give it another couple of days & then i'll have to place my order....

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will make a list. Can people update with what they are interested in (eg. front, rears or both) I will confirm if there is any difference between model years prior to order

1. gtr mart - fronts
2. Iggy GT-R (time dependant) - front + rear?
3. DellsmithUK - fronts
4. Timboy666 - ?
5. Willgts - ?

So that's five assuming Iggy can hold on. Can people update the list to show what they need as if a few want front and rears then that should help with the group buy even if we can't get ten people.

If anyone posts on other GTR forums or know of others that would like to run Pagids then maybe let them know and ask to register interest on this thread. Would be nice to get orders moving next week but lets see what happens.

Cheers
Mart

·
Registered
888 Posts
OK, I only need front Pagid RS29 pads at the moment, with new AP discs in the same purchase!

However, Jamie..... If I was to get Pagid RS29 rear pads as well, (for fitment when I need them) what would the price be for both these sets & would this assist in the GB?

Iggy

·
Registered
136 Posts
I will make a list. Can people update with what they are interested in (eg. front, rears or both) I will confirm if there is any difference between model years prior to order

1. gtr mart - fronts
2. Iggy GT-R (time dependant) - front + rear?
3. DellsmithUK - fronts
4. Timboy666 - ?
5. Willgts - ?
6. RossMJS - fronts MY12

So that's five assuming Iggy can hold on. Can people update the list to show what they need as if a few want front and rears then that should help with the group buy even if we can't get ten people.

If anyone posts on other GTR forums or know of others that would like to run Pagids then maybe let them know and ask to register interest on this thread. Would be nice to get orders moving next week but lets see what happens.

Cheers
Mart
im in :)

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Iggy I am sure if you're buying disks too then this will help with not needing all 10 people. Especially if you buy front and rears (I know old bob runs pagids on standard rear disks without any issues)

Iggy, I will make some calls on Tuesday when I know how many more are in. I will enquire about disks too. Can you let me know if you order outside of the group buy. Looks promising so far though.

RossMJS, great to have you in too.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh and if there is suitable demand for a 'fitted price' people let me know as if that add's lots of people then it could be considered.

Iggy - I have the AP disks and they are great and look amazing. What year is your car and are you getting the 380mm or 400mm disks (not sure if there are 400mm disks with the AP though)

·
Registered
888 Posts
Iggy I am sure if you're buying disks too then this will help with not needing all 10 people. Especially if you buy front and rears (I know old bob runs pagids on standard rear disks without any issues)

Iggy, I will make some calls on Tuesday when I know how many more are in. I will enquire about disks too. Can you let me know if you order outside of the group buy. Looks promising so far though.

RossMJS, great to have you in too.
Oh and if there is suitable demand for a 'fitted price' people let me know as if that add's lots of people then it could be considered.

Iggy - I have the AP disks and they are great and look amazing. What year is your car and are you getting the 380mm or 400mm disks (not sure if there are 400mm disks with the AP though)
I don't really need rears yet, just thought it'd help with the GB & obviously benefit me :chuckle:

Like you say, think they only do the AP's in 380mm!

If I could get a good enough deal for a full set of front & rear AP J-Hook discs with Pagid RS29 front & rear pads at a good enough discount, i'd get the set!
Otherwise, I'll just get the front AP discs & Pagid pads!
Let me know what prices you get & i'll let you know what i'm interested in :thumbsup:

Fronts are a definite!!

Iggy

·
Registered
423 Posts
I don't really need rears yet, just thought it'd help with the GB & obviously benefit me :chuckle:

Like you say, think they only do the AP's in 380mm!

If I could get a good enough deal for a full set of front & rear AP J-Hook discs with Pagid RS29 front & rear pads at a good enough discount, i'd get the set!
Otherwise, I'll just get the front AP discs & Pagid pads!
Let me know what prices you get & i'll let you know what i'm interested in :thumbsup:

Fronts are a definite!!

Iggy
Prices on pads I could do for a GB are in this thread

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/282473-gtr-pagid-rs29-group-buy.html

1 - 20 of 75 Posts