Registered
3,517 Posts
EBC Orangestuff....

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
i did fancy the orange stuff
anyone using the blue stuff
Avoid them mate....they are not fit for purpose but the oranges have stood up well to VMAX events, track time and fast road use in mine.

·
Vendor
2,987 Posts
The Cosworth streetmaster's are actually very good and very well priced.

The Ferrodo DS2500 are also a very good choice.

I am basing this on "fast road use" as you mentioned.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I have the Cosworth pads and they've been great. Done 12 runs on the standing mile contest in Wales last year and never failed to impress, nearly every one of those was braking hard from 180 plus. Also been fine on spirited hoons ; )

Have heard that they're not great for track use though.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
If you want a set of pads at probably less than half the normal inflated prices, then Bendix are around £180 front and rears. Don't be put of because they're less expensive, the others are just way over priced. I've been running them front and rear for the last 6,000 miles ish, fast road use only, and I can't fault them. They are totally silent and brake very well from extremely illegal speeds.

After chatting with the supplier, I got him interested in trying to source some discs at a sensible price too.

R35 GT-R TitaniuMetallic II Front Brake Pads- Low Dust Formula | eBay

·
Vendor
480 Posts
I'd recommend the DS2500 for road/fast road use, upgrade over stock in terms of fade/temperature management but a little less bite at a sensible price.
Then the Pagid RS29 for fast road/track. Not managed to fade a set out yet, very quiet for the performance level (i.e. plenty acceptable for road use), fantastic bite from cold and hot, and last very well but at a higher price.

·
Vendor
2,987 Posts
we have a selection in our webshop if anyone is stuck finding some ;)

R35 GTR

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just been informed the fronts are 400mm
who does them to fit this size
does it limit the options

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
I am in same boat - although 22,000 out of a set of XP8s isn't bad! Horrible noise, dust etc though. And that isn't being used 'lightly' 100+ laps of Bruntingthorpe and Silverstone/TOTB/30-130/Abersoch etc

Am very tempted by DS2500 at decent price and apparently about the same stopping power of XP8 but without the noise.

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
I am in same boat - although 22,000 out of a set of XP8s isn't bad! Horrible noise, dust etc though. And that isn't being used 'lightly' 100+ laps of Bruntingthorpe and Silverstone/TOTB/30-130/Abersoch etc

Am very tempted by DS2500 at decent price and apparently about the same stopping power of XP8 but without the noise.
Rog, if you're after some 2500 give Tim at Circuit Supplies a call, he will do them at a very good price. Tel 01525385888

·
Vendor
2,987 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts