GTR Forum banner

Brake pads

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  mun25 
#1 ·
Changing my wheels today o got a look at my brake pads and they are just a little low!
currently running AP discs and Cosworth pads which are absolutely fine, but want something with a bit more bite. Looking at the carborech xp20 but wondered where to buy and what other options are out there.

#2 ·
Simon, I’ve done a fair bit of testing for Motek on their various compounds. I currently run 800 on the fronts and 600 compound on the rear however if the car is only used occasionally on track 600/600 is perfectly adequate. Prices are very good and GTRDC members get a good discount on the pads if you phone and buy direct from 4SRC.

#6 · (Edited)
Hi Barry. How would the 800s do on the road. A mix of general commute and pushing on?

Simon, based on what people have said the 600s should be good for what you need
The 800 spec compound is fine for road use, we did some testing to see how effective it is under very low pad temp and the cold stop is more than adequate for road use. I use the 800 with AP discs and so far (after about 6 months use) have had no pad squeal which is a bonus. 4SRC have some videos of the compound testing showing the effectiveness of the compound under a cold stop from high speed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.