GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could any of you track fanatics out there please let me know what pads you've tried on track and how they perform. I'm particularly interested in Mintex F4rp's and Pagid RS4-2 'Blues' or any other competition type pads.

I'd also be interested in how they perform on the road particularly when they are still cold, i.e. are they usable as road pads or do they require too much heating up before they start working.

I know that Ferodo 2000 and 3000's are fairly widely used but I am pretty much up to speed on those.

Thanks in advance.

Peter.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mintex are the best!

Hi Peter

Go with the Mintex pads.

Great on and off road/track ;)

Interestingly, they started squeaking like crazy after about 400 miles for 400 miles then stopped again (on the road).

Now off to Abbey to do my hard pipes AND change pads after Silverstone, Rockingham and Bedford all on one set. Wear really well.

Cheers
RGS

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Richard.

I have the Mintex pads in at the moment but with the new set of discs, as you know, I had problems at Silverstone which hopefully are being resolved at the moment. I'm going to Abbey myself in a while so I'll let you know what happens later.

You're dead right about the squealing, the car sounds more like an artic' when slowing down at lights, etc.. :eek:

Peter.

·
Registered
327 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
My friend is using AP 6 pot with Performance Friction's pad and after driving his car at the track I must say they are really good. I heve ordered the same AP kit and pads as well.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mintex F4rp pads.

Thanks Bruce for those links. I'm hoping that the bedding in procedure for these pads, which I'll be doing over the weekend, will solve the problems I encountered at Silverstone a few weeks back:

http://www.questmead.co.uk/2001/Mintex/Bedding_in/bedding_in.html

Seems that leading edge technology, assuming they are which I don't doubt, needs to be treated correctly and with respect. :)

Peter.

PS. The guys at Questmead were particularly helpful, thanks. I'm hoping that they know what they're talking about; it certainly sounded as if they did!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Ferodo 2000s in the rear and Tar-Ox 6pots on the front with Tar-Ox fast road/race pads.Ive run this combo for nearly two years on the road & track and I am :) :) happy .ps the "Beast "runs the same set-up,211mph to zero many times with no brake fade.
Henry.:cool:

·
Registered
327 Posts
A Reply from Brembo.com

Just trying to find out stuff about Pads so I emeiled the Brembo.com Site! it in the USA! the Reply was:-

Brembo.com said:

Porterfield in Costa Mesa, CA should have the correct pads for you. Also from what I understand, the pads in your car are the same as the ones found on the BMW 840i or 850.

If you took the pad to your local BMW dealer they may be able to help you out. But if you told them they were off of a Skyline they might be not so inclined to help you out.

Does any one kow if this is right? Anyhow, BMW could be more that Nissan!! I will try to find out more!

Bruce :confused:

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Porterfield part numbers for the Brembos are

AP 639 - Front

AP 461 - Rear

Both these we have are the R-4S compound. They are around $180 for the fronts $99 for the rears.

Porterfield 949 548 4470

There is another place in the US that has the fittament also . I only have the front fittament right now that I can find

Hawk HB181

Bits and Pieces - 562 - 420 -3557

Haven't run the Porterfields. The Hawks work well , but make some noise under braking and throw a lot of dust.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts