GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
what pads are you running? How much life is left in 'em?

I was having all kinds of brake issues - didn't feel much bite, vicious shudder when hauling down from big speeds. Replaced them with Endless Super Sports M (street pads) and I got all kinds of bite now. Took a look at what was on the car - Endless metallics, had chunks of the pad come out :p They look like racing pads, which would explain the lack of bite on the street.

If it's not the pads (which I think you likely have already ruled out), it might be something in the calipers. If those check out ok (pads seated correctly etc, no sticking pistons) then I'd just work backwards to the brake master cylinder. Or maybe it's from the other end, and your brake pedal is sticking or hanging up on something, hampering how it actuates the brake cylinder?

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
that's an interesting bit of kit there, what's it designed for?

My brake pedal squeaks occassionally from the inside of the car as well, but I think it's just the pedal itself asking for a bit of grease :p

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I wonder then if your braking problems were the result of the brake booster flexing the bulkhead then. Hmm, seems a simple enough piece of metal to throw in under the hood :)

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
made a difference on mine too - braking feels a bit less spondgy due to the master cylinder not flexing toward the front of the car on hard braking. nice simple mod and usually on ebay for 25quid tops

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
I know this has cured your problem, But it might be wise to keep looking for the original fault as well, or at least bear it in mind the next time your working in that area and keep an eye out for things.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts