GTR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you want to save the unsprung weight. Instead of adding adapter rings. You still need to have your rear hats custom made for your existing handbrake. Hope the info helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
instead of making a new thread, i thought i would ask here first

what are the options for caliper adaptor brackets?
who makes them now?

thanks!

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
instead of making a new thread, i thought i would ask here first

what are the options for caliper adaptor brackets?
who makes them now?

thanks!
A good engineering place will be able to make them for you, I will be designing some on Catia in the future.

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
Good luck if you think you can make them cheaper. T7075 grade billet the size required is not cheap secondly machining and CNC costs money and when you produce them low volume adds to the cost. For sure you can hack a set up but would you sell something that is a huge part of safety with out the necessary ISO accreditations? I know my brackets are made by an engineering company who also do a lot of work that is given to them by the big players in the braking industry.

Also bear in mind if you were to go to Nismo don't expect much change from £10k for the whole kit further more a setup can typically be had for around £2500 if you find a good deal on the calipers and discs second hand. How much would a complete alcon or AP kit cost?

·
Registered
110 Posts
For those of you who is more price conscious. There is a kit from a company in Japan where it uses the V36 355mm rotors.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Having touched both with my own hands, I still think the best option for brake upgrade in the R32/33/34 is Endless.

D2, K-Sport aren't THAT cheap, really, and I bet you can even risk to brake LESS than stock calipers with good rotors/pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapapussy

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Great Quality & Perfect Bolt On Fitment.
By far the best option if you are wanting to fit R35 brakes onto a R32/3/4.
If price is a factor then a cheap bolt on Brake Kit is probably your best option (KSport/D2).

Hey bud, I believe your Te37's are 18x9.5 +12..??

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Having touched both with my own hands, I still think the best option for brake upgrade in the R32/33/34 is Endless.

D2, K-Sport aren't THAT cheap, really, and I bet you can even risk to brake LESS than stock calipers with good rotors/pads.

And much will a set of endless brakes cost front and rear including delivery and taxes to the UK? I'm sure it's a lot more than 2.5-3k which the R35 kit comes in at.

·
Registered
72 Posts
2.5-3k£?
Plus 1-1.5k£ for brackets, rotors, etc and you're already at 4-5k£ which is about the same price (or even more expensive) of a set of Endless front/rear complete kit.

41 - 60 of 103 Posts