GTR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
2.5-3k£?
Plus 1-1.5k£ for brackets, rotors, etc and you're already at 4-5k£ which is about the same price (or even more expensive) of a set of Endless front/rear complete kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapapussy
No! brackets and bells at £1360 and you can source used brembo calipers and discs £1200-1400. So not sure how you get to £4-5k :) I make it £2560-2760.

·
Registered
218 Posts
No! brackets and bells at £1360 and you can source used brembo calipers and discs £1200-1400. So not sure how you get to £4-5k :) I make it £2560-2760.
Have not seen many four caliper four discs R35 Brembos for £1400.

Most on here are £2200 plus

So lets say £4k all in,still better than the Endless set up.

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Look in the R35 part for sale section, one set for £1250 minus discs. I am also selling a set of discs.

Those who are selling them at over 2k will not sell at that price and when reality hits them they will soon drop their price. Pay no more than £1500 tops.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi

Been reading this article with interest - an R35 brake upgrade on my R34 is gonna be on the cards for me next year so would like to start pulling the parts together this year.

Q1: Earlier postings talk about 'early' and 'late' R35 calipers supporting different rotor sizes. What differentiates the early from the late ? Is it a different part number, different years of car they're from? ( Thinking here about eBay as a source so need to arm myself with the right questions)

Q2: The different calipers seems to support different rotor sizes but the thread isn't clear what calipers go with what rotors. So is it...
Early - 380mm only
Late - 380 and 390mm

Q3: question for FRRacer - do your bells fit both 380mm&390mm rotors ie are the holes in the same place ?

Thanks

Malcolm

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Hi

Yes the difference is in the calliper lugs being longer on later calipers. Bells fit both models. Sam GTR here has our kit fitted to his R33 using 390 setup:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Do people runs this bolt on without adjustments to brake bias?
Quite a difference between oem bias and this front and rear r35 brakes.

Any issues?

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
All available. Contact me for details.

No issues with brake bias (remember Nismo also sell the same, but £10,000) has been tested thoroughly and works with out issues even in the wet.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Having taken my car along to CATDriver Training with this setup they were very impressed with the braking performance but said that the bias was a little heavy to the rear and was resulting in the rear snapping below 50mph when braking at the limit.

They therefore suggested to avoid trail braking into corners just incase she swapped ends.

So to answer the bias question, yes there is a slight bias to the rear to be aware of

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Slight as you say Dave which is what we found, but again its not something to be alarmed over and if one braking that heavy then should really be on track and be confident and understand handling dynamics of a car. For me I found is quiet good as during trail braking it allowed for me to rotate the car easily on the brakes along with very slight throttle.

Generally when trail braking it is possible to induce a lot of front end weight transfer resulting in a lighter rear end.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Resurrecting old thread......

Here is my question.....

Will the R35 calipers once installed on an R34 clear the OEM GTR R34 Wheels?

·
Registered
45 Posts
what is the diameter of the of the R35 caliper attached to the rotor?

or a different way to ask is what is the minimum diameter of the barrel of the wheel necessary to fit these brakes?

I have a set of 19's that BARELY fits, but also 18 TE37's and Advan TC-III's fit,
3mm with the TE37 and 5mm with the TC-III.

FRRACER can you measure that for us?

61 - 80 of 103 Posts