GTR Forum banner

101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thinking of a set of TE37V Mk2 in the future but don't want to be hindered if I choose to upgrade the brakes. Will the R35 conversion clear 18x10.5 +15 5x114.3 ?

Thanks..

·
Registered
2 Posts
What is the difference in braking power on an R32?

do you have brake bias calculations on Front vs Rear?
I know from what i've searched and read on it's a little more rear biased But I havent been able to find numbers.

32.5, 30.5, 26.5 are the R35 front caliper piston sizes
26.5, All the same size in the rear for the R35

Z32/R32
4 x 40.45 Front
2x 38.1 rear

That's as far as auto clicker I can go.
Fit a data logger, get a pressure sensor on the front circuit and on rear circuit. Then you can work out your brake bias more accurately.
I’ve today fitted this kit to my R34, lovely piece of kit, very well designed and overall product aesthetics are nice.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi all - I'm starting to get together the bits to do the R35 brake conversion to my R34. I have the calipers, which came with the full set of hard pipes and hoses, plus a set of rotors - 390mm Alcons for the front and 380mm OEM for the rear. My questions to those who have done this already....

1) Are Supertec brackets my only option ? I see that they offer a rear bell that already compensates for the parking brake , so that seems quite a good option.
2) I've read that the 390mm rotor is too large for the front and that I need to go down to 380 to clear my LMGT4s , Is that correct ?
3) Can I use the hard-pipes and hoses from the 35 calipers or do I need different ones ?
4) Does everyone fit these setups themselves or are there places that are expeirenced and know the ins/outs - ie how much to cut off the backplates, how much to trim brackets down etc

And a general question - Is the difference in unspung weight between the two setups not a cause for concern ? The rotors seem massive compared to the 34 set up, and much heavier - does this not have an impact on the suspension and handling ?

Cheers

Malc

101 - 104 of 104 Posts