GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I building some gtr32 for timeattacking + street use with some weight loss and I have a few questions for the experienced guys (I search the forum and read all FAQ's, but had no clear answers):

1. Now I'm stuck between two options of front brakes upgrading.
To use any big brake kit (6pot Alcon or Endless) to fit with 17" or to use GTR34 Brembos with some tune rotors (Project Mu)+pads+line+fluid.

If any have an experience to have second mix for attacking on 32's? Or better the comparison if have one.

My Jap's confirm that for 32 (more light comparing with 34) will perform well on stock 34 Brembos.

Plus here please share how is master inflate on braking.

2. If coils from GTR 34 fit on GTR32. All fittings are the same. But the length is not. If someone try?

3. If anybody really has an experience of using the carbon/aluminum main shafts? Please share how it is in practice use?
I know Mine's use one on their 34, but didn't say what producer and did they balance it. Normally it will give better response on throttling.

Thank you in advance for sharing your exps. )

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
I building some gtr32 for timeattacking + street use with some weight loss and I have a few questions for the experienced guys (I search the forum and read all FAQ's, but had no clear answers):

1. Now I'm stuck between two options of front brakes upgrading.
To use any big brake kit (6pot Alcon or Endless) to fit with 17" or to use GTR34 Brembos with some tune rotors (Project Mu)+pads+line+fluid.

If any have an experience to have second mix for attacking on 32's? Or better the comparison if have one.

My Jap's confirm that for 32 (more light comparing with 34) will perform well on stock 34 Brembos.

Plus here please share how is master inflate on braking.

2. If coils from GTR 34 fit on GTR32. All fittings are the same. But the length is not. If someone try?

3. If anybody really has an experience of using the carbon/aluminum main shafts? Please share how it is in practice use?
I know Mine's use one on their 34, but didn't say what producer and did they balance it. Normally it will give better response on throttling.

Thank you in advance for sharing your exps. )
1. If its for track i would go with the BBK kit and not a 33/34 brakes. Mainly because the calipers wont be 10years old+++ and it'll stop well!

2. I may be wrong but i'm sure 34 and 32 coilpacks are different.

3. I think Greddy and Nismo(?) do a carbon prop for the 32. Alternatively there is a cheaper option with the AutoSaurus one piece prop for a fraction of the cost and some weight saving. Although having said that i think it's not still in business and Jason the main man now works for TR?
I'm sure someone will know.

Will.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. If its for track i would go with the BBK kit and not a 33/34 brakes. Mainly because the calipers wont be 10years old+++ and it'll stop well!

2. I may be wrong but i'm sure 34 and 32 coilpacks are different.

3. I think Greddy and Nismo(?) do a carbon prop for the 32. Alternatively there is a cheaper option with the AutoSaurus one piece prop for a fraction of the cost and some weight saving. Although having said that i think it's not still in business and Jason the main man now works for TR?
I'm sure someone will know.

Will.
Thanks for answer Will.

Few adjustments:

1. But the budgets are different ))) Plus I have one good example - it's not GTR, but very clear - the Cyber EVO - one of the fastest TA cars is running stock Evo Brembos with good rotors and pads. So no reason to pay big money for BBK.))

2. ..

3. I'm looking for ACPT carbon driveshaft. Greedy or Nismo I don't see ever shafts. May be I'm wrong.

Anyway thanks for reply.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Only my personal opinion mate. The GTR is very different to an evo. Its FAT! Upto you at the end of the day. It'd be worth going for a drive in one with the 33/34 brembos on. For me i didnt want to go down this route as by the time i had sourced the brakes and added new discs, pads, fluid, and master cylinder the costs weren't to different. I now have Stoptech in all four corners for not much more cash.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Re brakes
I put 34 GTR brakes on my stagea and found them fair for normal fast road use but no more.

Have now fitted APs to the front - the difference is massive.

Power isl probably be similar to your 32 but yours will be much lighter but the difference is such that for me its still a no contest.

A further thought
A carbon prop is going to cost you the difference between the brakes IMHO Id spend the money on the latter

There is no down side to better brakes and you will always go quicker with them.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I ran both R33 Brembos and F40 Brakes on the GTR....To be honest both were a disapointment on the track, I now run Wilwood 6pot and 4pot brakes on big disks, HUGE difference. The GTR is a Big, Fat Heavy Monster......Give it some good stoppers!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ran both R33 Brembos and F40 Brakes on the GTR....To be honest both were a disapointment on the track, I now run Wilwood 6pot and 4pot brakes on big disks, HUGE difference. The GTR is a Big, Fat Heavy Monster......Give it some good stoppers!
I choose bnr34 brembos.

I'll try them next season.

Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts