GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Great turn out from the GTROC and particularly good that we managed to pick the pole position slots in the Supercar Display.

The weather over the entire weekend was perfect and the suite today and yesterday afternoon was fantastically positioned to see the whole Indy circuit and the exit and entry from the GP circuit. What we missed out the back was on a giant screen straight in front of us.

Some really good racing and BarryP had his hands full with some great results from Lanan F4 Racing. Pity about the fact that there were no Nissan's racing but politics have become involved :mad:

Great company, fantastic racing and good reminiscing about the tour and club in general.

Thanks Speedy for pulling it together:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Thanks for this, really was a great day, great view and good banter.
Can't wait for next year's race.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Thanks SPEED and John for organising the event. Was a great day - great cars, great weather & great company - and the racing wasn't bad either ;)

Very good results for Lannan Racing (BarryP and Pat), especially for George Russell in the last one :thumbsup:

Until the next one!

Daz

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
A really wonderful day.

Brands takes some beating when the races, weather and not least the company all come together. :thumbsup:

The hospitality suite was well positioned but that didn't stop us walking most parts of the GP circuit (the Radicals were impressive in the country).

We'll have some pics in the camera and I'll post them soon if any good.

Thanks to John and Kriss for all the organisation.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Sounds like a good day was had by all, I did txt Goldie as other things came up today and I couldn't make it, next time I hope

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I was busy elsewhere, but it was nice to bump into some of you about 8:30am this morning and have a chat.

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Glad you all had a great day and the feedback will be sent to my counterpart at Brands this afternoon. I managed to see the last race on ESPN which I'm sure was no where near as cool as actually being there!

I'm hopefully going to be working with them in regards to more racing events this year which just goes to show it's another great reason to be a GTROC member ;)

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
I can't believe I actually forgot about this and paid to go to JDM Driftstars.

It looked an awesome day, hope you all had fun.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Top weekend, big thanks for all concerned for organising it :bowdown1:
The weather was like being back in Croatia :)

I especially enjoyed the pit walk for some reason.......................

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Ians pics were uncannily similar to those that I took. Instead, here's a couple that Maureen took on this really good day:-

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
That's Jack for you ... :D

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
OK, if it's bums you like here's another couple of pics from this pleasant day:-

I'm still surprised the Marcos managed to creep into our line up.:mad:

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Ooooooooooh wet wet wet !!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,382 Posts
Glad everybody had a good time at Brands, as those who came over to see the team observed we were a bit busy looking after three cars but had a very successful meeting. However one car, Struan's, was badly damaged in the last race. George Russell continues to lead the championship having won three of the six races this year and Arjun, who I look after, is now third in the championship.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,382 Posts
I have been involved in motosport for over 35 years and George is one of the most talented drivers I have come across, I have no doubt he will make it to the top, either in F1 or sports cars.Top picture is Struan with his engineer,and bottom shot is George with Arjun just before they went out to the last race of the weekend.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts