Had my first track day since having the stage 4 with down pipes,
Still under the 105db noise limit and had a fanatic day,

Attachments

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It goes a well as it's looks now as well, Thanks to Litchfield,,
How you doing mate, long time since we had a meet up.
Goldie

·
Registered
257 Posts
If you don't mind me asking what DB is it now with the Down Pipes on as i've managed to do a few 98db days before down pipes but it's a lot louder now with them on???

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was a 105db day, I'm not really sure, think mine was 101 my cars got the 102mm system from Iain litchfield,

·
Registered
257 Posts
It was a 105db day, I'm not really sure, think mine was 101 my cars got the 102mm system from Iain litchfield,
Thanks for the info mate, i'm running 90mm all the way through so i hope i'm right at the limit of the 98db. Only one way to find out is to book a track day and see if they kick me off for noise i guess

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Thanks for the info mate, i'm running 90mm all the way through so i hope i'm right at the limit of the 98db. Only one way to find out is to book a track day and see if they kick me off for noise i guess
Same here; fancy doing a trackday next year but running Litchfield Stage 4 with downpipes & 90mm GTC Titan so not sure if I'll get kicked off :confused:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Buy a good db meter from maplins, they are only £20ish and very accurate ,
Or just turn up at a track day and have the car noise tested first,
I wasn't booked in for this track day, but a few of my friends went and said it wasn't raining, so I dived off work filled up with V max straight to the noise tester, paid the money and went and played,
Regards Goldie

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I do like the Brands Indy circuit, but I still feel it's not one of the best for a big heavy car like the R35 GT-R.
Silverstone and Snetterton with the longer straights are epic.

Nice Pics Goldie. :)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Richard,,

I know the tracks too small, but I only live about 3 miles away, so if there's a cheap day and the weathers not to bad, down tools and off I go,
To be honest mate, it was wet again and I'm still on new Dunlops
Goldie

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I'd still go there as I love the track, even though I'm 40 minutes away! :)
Even though it's not ideal R35 hunting ground they are still blindingly quick round there.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Car looks great Goldie and a very nice collection you have!

How does the stage 4 (4.25) feel compared to before (especially on circuit), you were stock weren't you? Have you done anything with brakes?

Richard I'm surprised Brands is a struggle for the GT-R as I've driven a much smaller and narrower circuit and the car was absolutely epic fun, pin point accurate with weight not even noticeable.
I understand not being able to stretch its legs fully, but after being egged on to open her up my instructor (smiling) asked me to calm it as we were a fair bit above the 'recommended' limit on the short straight - great fun though!

Really looking forward to getting on a proper track next year, likely Silverstone for the experience.

Protegimus

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep car was bog standard except the milltec Y piece,
To tell the truth the cars epic now against before,
But it's been done about 2 weeks now and not really had chance to give it death,
Brands was really wet all day long started to get a dry line right at the end of the day, but by then I was very low on fuel and didn't have time to refuel,
Just stuck a set of BBS on the car with new Dunlops,
So the car was very slippery especially on clearways the front wouldn't dig in and get grip.
But all in all cars better than I could ever imagine , can't wait for the weather to dry up.
Anyone out for a blat over Christmas ,, post up. I'll be bored,
Regards Goldie

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Richard I'm surprised Brands is a struggle for the GT-R as I've driven a much smaller and narrower circuit and the car was absolutely epic fun, pin point accurate with weight not even noticeable.
I understand not being able to stretch its legs fully, but after being egged on to open her up my instructor (smiling) asked me to calm it as we were a fair bit above the 'recommended' limit on the short straight - great fun though!
I didn't say it was a struggle.
I said it's "not one of the best for a big heavy car like the R35 GT-R".

As I also said, I like Brands.
But I found other circuits where you could open the R35 up more more in tune with the car's capabilities as you can get some serious speed on with a nice long straight and also enjoy it in the corners too like you can at Brands.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi Chaps,

I'm pretty active with PH taking the old Cerbera, subsequent Maser GS and Ariel Atom out to play, but...

I've yet to drive the GT-R with like minded enthusiasts.

I'm in Concrete Croydon, so if you want to pootle around at 8/10's for a novice I'd be grateful for an invite if you feel the urge to attack a few Surrey/Kent NSLs in the near future.

Cheers,
Donny
(GSH, 6'2", athletic build ROFL) :chuckle:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts