GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tentatively reserved some places at Brands Hatch GP trackdays on the 9th June and 29th July this year.

They are not cheap and I can get a discounted price of £442.00 for each.

I need to gauge potential interest before firming up with MSV, so please add your comments

John M

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
no dig at you john, but brands always make me mad. i have driven spa and paul ricard for half that and zolder for a quarter. they need to wake up and smell the coffee. drop the price by half and alot more people would try it out.
442 discounted lol go drive spa its alot better value for the money.

rant over sorry.

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your prompt response/ rant. It is for the very reasons that you make that have prompted me to post up in this way.

I agree that it is OTT, but they always fill every space and I just wondered if it was just me thinking about the cost.

I do believe that we will still get 10+ wanting to do it through this forum and the other one - it's only money and we are only on this planet for a Nano second so.........................

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
very true mate.

if tracks up north adopted brands hatch approach to cost they would all be housing estates now..lol

·
Premium Member
2,863 Posts
I've always wanted to do brands hatch GP. I'm doing the Indy Monday again. The only thing is yes it's the price. I can do three Indy days for that and what if it rained that day. I know it's fine you can still go but I'd be monumentally pissed off if I spent 450 of my hard earned money to to a wet trackday!

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
i'm racing on the 9th of may at brands hatch GP circuit..cant wait..i'm on the same event weekend as the Blanchpain series..not a track day but i thought i'd share it..

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Guys the track is awesome. The cost to open GP centers around a lot of things, mostly that there are only a few days in the year it can open due to local residents.

So from a business point of view they have to Maintain that entire section of the track, Grass, Barriers etc for only 22 (I forget the actual number but its something like this) days revenue in the year.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Love to see how they are going to do this,, MSV are doing the INDY and GP track on the same day,, This would be interesting.
The indy day is £119 so the GP Curcuit is 4 times the price so the same day.
TOOOOO expensive:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Goldie

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts