GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick thank you to Peter for organising this and for the ride! It was nice to meet some of the old timers again (Glen and Paul) and Andy and Ian S (very briefly!) for the first time.

The event was really well attended (Skylines, and loads of Caterhams, Porkers and Noble's), but the highlight was riding with Tony in his Integra R - exceptionally fast, very commited and beating almost everything on track apart from a Radical SR3.

Hope you all enjoyed it and got home safely.

Naz

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
TODAY

I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT I HAD THE GREATEST TRACK DAY EVER TODAY - HAD A REALLY GOOD DAY - WHIPPED NEARLY EVERYTHING AND KEPT A GRIN ON FACE ALL DAY - CAR WAS THUNDERING ALONG FLAT OUT CONSTANTLY AND FICKED 4TH GEAR EVEN WORSE NOW:D - WELL DONE TO UNCLE PETER FOR SORTING IT OUT - LOST COUNT OF OVERTAKING IAN S:p - GREAT TRACK AND EVENTUALLY GREAT WEATHER AND NICE PEOPLE:) :)

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Good day :D
Thanx to Peter for organising the day
Thanx to Ron for a pass ride in his car (very quick car Ron:D)
Thanx to SteveC for a pass ride for my cousin (impressed)
I won't show your other half the photos Steve :eek:
Speaking of photo,s, some pics of the day are up on my web site:-
http://www.vspec.btinternet.co.uk/Pictures.htm
Good to see the usual suspects out and about
Best regards Alan :D

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
dirk emtpy ur mailbox

Sorry to hijack thread but glad to hear everyone enjoyed it really close to me so should have had day off !!!

Hi dirk

how u glad to hear u had good at brands,am weighing up options at mo on car and funds too as dont want to waste ur time have got exhuast fitted sounds b******s really pleased,goes like rocket now just want more go

havent forgotten u ref the superdragger pm me

cu soon
p.s let me know when knob comes (oh er) and will give u some money

lee

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Also add my thanks to Peter for putting the group together, and for the pass ride....or as I shall always remember it...the "moment" in the wet up the hill after Surtees (how many recoveries in a row Peter?):D:D

also good to put a few faces to names

Alan good pics and add my vote for Vids ;)
- dont suppose you can email me copies of a couple of todays pictures?

cheers

Harry

·
Registered
549 Posts
VIDS

got some vids of todays action, can't put them up myself so i'll have to send them to someone, Ron mentioned he would do it unless anyone else wants them.

thanks to everyone for a great day hope i didn't annoy anyone too much. special thanks to ian for the trip round the track, driving home seemed so slow i comparision.

thanks once again

Dave H

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Me to..

Big thank you to Peter for arranging the day and for his close connection with Easy Track which bagged us two garages!

Good to see some old and new faces thoughout the day.

Dirk ! not to good with numbers? You over took me Once in all but one session, thats 6 out of 7 !

:p

I will be putting pen to paper on the main page and hope you guys don't mind contributing some of piccies to accompany my first journalism masterpiece! :D

..Ian

·
Registered
6,096 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Late as ever, but my thanks also to Peter for 'roping me in', pleased you did mate :D. Although I don't think my old Taxi is best suited to the GP circuit, I enjoyed it hugely, had one or two small 'moments' and also never got over being intimidated by Paddock bend, but less so as the day and weather improved, just more practice/commitment needed :)

Steve, thanks for the fuel and 'stuff', got me off the hook :)
Shaun, good to see you again mate
Andy, thanks for the ride, car felt really good with the new suspension and driven enthusiastically, as ever :D
Wendle, PM'd you re vids, look forward to seeing them
Alan, nice pics/vid mate, but the pressure of being a 'webmaster' eh !, oh and thanks for the 'go faster' can

Cheers

RonS

1 - 20 of 44 Posts