GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quality day out and good form from nutter martin and Pete E ( "i was on a coling down lap") :)))))) (as smooth as silk as ever - Steve was impressed, shame you had to leave...)
Got some good video footage and will try to get this burnt to CD or get in MPEG file.
Personal fave was the purply RS lightweight on the L pate. Just the best track car ever.hmmmm.

Jamie certainly went well in that Pulsar...

Nick.

·
Banned
349 Posts
Cooling down

Peter I was on a cooling down lap E was so cold I saw ice forming on his exhaust, A first:D

Pete you looked very cool when I passed you in the Pulsar:p

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ooooo bitchin

that has got to hurt.
well below the toe nails...

Dont forget if you see a subaru driver, leave him for dead, come across the old bill seeing you at it then give me a call and I can arrange a good story....

I am still chuckling to myself now:D

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Ha bloody ha!

Whilst NOT trying to excuse being overtaken by a 350bhp GTiR driven by a complete nutter who was without a passenger, who had no regard for tyres (cos they weren't his) or that I had a 'well built' :) passenger on board or that it probably weighs 500 kg less than my fat old girl or that I was right up your arse for the next lap (before my cooling down lap!), I really don't care (much)! :)

Still, we took the 911 turbo, numerous small fry and I only went for a few laps anyway and did a 58ish sec lap (SteveC) 2 up. Roll on Bedford.....

Nick,

Nice to see your new 33, looks a gem! Sorry, I don't understand that bit about the Bill and the Subaru driver....? :confused:

Peter.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good work Pete..

and glad you took that ok. You did well and yours sounds great along the back straight. real spine tingling noise.
Agreed there was a lot more weight in your car than lisa's. Would have been worse if I had been in there!!
you were all over the Pulsar in the straights and shame brands is too short. diff kettle if the full circuit was open...
I had you down for a 59 sec so not far of steve. Only 6 seconds slower than the R500 and if you think about the weight diff and weight penalty on the 33 then you put in serious shout.
Will tell you about the scooby in email. Hilarious.

Nick

;)

·
Banned
349 Posts
Well taken Pete

The GTR has more legs down the strait, I was on the ragged edge on the corners.

I was impressed with what the Pulsar had to offer though, especially for an old design. As for tyres I have no regard for mine either!! tread shuffell galore! I'm now looking for the right price on some Tuscan sprint slicks for my other wheels, perhaps to be ready for Donington!!

Mourice Reeves (the first guy in the UK to own a Skyline) timed me at 57 secs and later in the day I saw 56 on the MFD.

I am now bored of Brands indy circuit and will only return there to do the full circuit, looking forward to Donington as it is faster and more technical than Brands indy, also can't wait for Bedford.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Lisa,

Yes, very impressed! When does the 33 arrive, after you've had the new turbos fitted? :(

I'll second your thanks to Ian @ Hiteq too, top man, top company!

Jamie,

I didn't realise that Maurice was there, I've been looking forward to meeting him for a long time. Was he there in the afternoon?

Peter.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Whilst we are all saying thanks I'd like to say thanks to Peter for another demo of how to drive, Ged also extends his gratitude for allowing him to be ballast....

Bedford here we come.

Good day out, cheers
Steve

·
Registered
805 Posts
Yummy movies

Nick,

Quote 'Got some good video footage and will try to get this burnt to CD or get in MPEG file'

Wanna see 'em.....pretty please :D

You could compress them and post somewhere, I'd offer my site but it's shot........Durzel's offered good man, if you have Windows ME/XP you can use MS Movie Maker to convert them to .WMV file, typically 60sec of mpeg squishs to about 800kb....

RonS

·
Registered
805 Posts
Quicker !!

Peter,

Quote 'Still, we took the 911 turbo, numerous small fry and I only went for a few laps anyway and did a 58ish sec lap'

I got two bob on you doing >56s next time.....now you've run them SO3's in a bit :D

RonS

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
photo's

has anyone got any pics from Brands???? I think I remember going into a site, but cant think what it was under!

cheers!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Jamie M

That car you referred to ( Maurice Reeves first skyline)
...well its mine!

Next time you see him, you can tell him I havn't managed to break it yet and its still goin' strong

john

;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts