GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just read that Hugh Chamberline is going to be running 2 Skyline GT-R's in the BRDC Priviledge Insurance GT Championship next season.

Is this the same championship that the likes of the TVR Speed 12, Dodge Viper, Lister Storm, et al, all compete in ? (apparently this bloke is running to vipers in the FIA GT series next season, so i was wondering if this is the Brirish series....)

Should be good to see anyway :)

Cheers
Daz

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
GT

Daz,

This is the British series yes, and the Chamberlain squad is also very good.

I havnt heard this news though, where did you get it?

I remembered this was also said last year, but running in the lower class (cant remember names now) and not the class with the bog GT1 cars in. Never happened though.

Hopefully they get further this year

Lee

·
Registered
961 Posts
uhray!

i heard somthing like this out of a rodio control mag
the skylines might be the r34 falken ones tourqose and blue

ill look out for those!

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Lee,

I read it on Ceefax earlier this evening. They didn't mention what class the skylines were competing in, GT1 or GT2....if they're up against the Speed 12's et al, there gonna need quite a power figure (the speed 12 for example, running at a DETUNED 700bhp).

Can't wait for the season though if it does happen !

Cheers
Daz

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
hugh chamberlain

Daz,
were can i find info about this race team and race challenge
regards
Gary

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Gary,

Too be honest, i really don't know. The only info i got was that which i read on teletext this evening.

Lee Pendlebury mentioned something about Chamberlain Engineering having a website, etc. Perhaps he knows more ?

As for the series, there is bound to be a website for it....try doing a search via one of the search engines (hotbot, yahoo, dogpile, etc)...I know that usually it's Vipers, Porsche, TVR, Lister, Marcos, Ferrari, Lotus, and other cars of that type that normally compete. So i was quite surprised to see talk of Skyline entry. I know in the Japanese GT series there's plenty of Skyline entries...along with NSX's, etc.

If i find out anything, i'll let you know mate.

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Chamberlain

Have just read in on teletext and it says they are being run by Hugh Chamberlain, but that he is not with Chamberlain motorsport anymore.

This probably caused some confusion, and explains why I may not have found anything.

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Thanks

Thanks Daz
Gaz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts