GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im caught in two mind atm, im wanting a r34gtr, but to fund it I need to sell my r33 in bits,
ive spent yrs building this car, I wont sell any bits off the car as yet until I get sales for the box and engine, both have been refreshed (box & engine)..

I want £5000ono for the engine which includes..

head work as follows:
acid dipped cylinder head, full port work, 3 angle valve seats bronze guides machine slant squish band into head. and cut out for cam lobes.the heads had a light skim with all valve clearances set.
tomei 280 cams 10.5 mm lift (in&ex
supertech springs and retainers
tomei buckets
HKS pistons with HKS rings
forged rods
ACL race bearings throughout
head and main studs
n1 water pump
tomei oil pump
HKS gasket set
new core plugs
new gaskets throughout
Splitfire coils
new plugs
trust sump extension

this engines made 930 at the flywheel at abbey on pump fuel @ 2.1bar

ive always run the engine at low boost and around 750 hp every since, at totb etc,
it runs cool, doesn't use any fluids, its 100%!

as for the gearbox ive got an O/S series two box which has just been rebuilt with 0 miles on it, ive used the uprated selectors in the box and that's 100% to..it will have a full report sheet from Rb motorsport, (Hollinger input shaft).. I will throw in a geartronics flat shift system which ive never used.

it will include a transfer case

£5500ono

I will then break my R33 when these bits are sold, Regards Rich

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I can understand you waiting to move from a 33 to a 34, but not selling that engine and gearbox to do it. Why not go the other way, buy a decent stage 1 32, take the engine and gearbox out of it and put them in the 33, put your engine and gearbox in the 32, sell the 33 and almost recover the money for the 32 purchase, bingo you have a crazy 32 for very little extra money! Just a thought, GLWS.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just spoke to Andy !!
Can't believe your breaking it :eek:

Put your phone number up for buyers to contact you !!'
You won't sell anything then :chuckle::wavey:

R34's are nothing but trouble :cool:

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
good luck with the sale rich, is there a particular r34 you've got ur eye on ?

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
I can understand you waiting to move from a 33 to a 34, but not selling that engine and gearbox to do it. Why not go the other way, buy a decent stage 1 32, take the engine and gearbox out of it and put them in the 33, put your engine and gearbox in the 32, sell the 33 and almost recover the money for the 32 purchase, bingo you have a crazy 32 for very little extra money! Just a thought, GLWS.

but he wants an r34 ? lol

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Waste of a nice car but absolute madness, spending tens of thousands of pounds and in the end the car gets broken up and you still never recoup all that you have put.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
There's 10k alone from the engine and gearbox, another 3k at least in turbo and ecu and another 5k in other bits is probably about right

·
Registered
947 Posts
break it up and live the dream

you only live once

enjoy!
Well said mate life is to short.

Funny enough most of us only realize life is to short to late!

Rich/amt thank you very much for the work you did on my R34 head not long ago(last month) it looks very good.

Hope you get your R34,GLWYS

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Waste of a nice car but absolute madness, spending tens of thousands of pounds and in the end the car gets broken up and you still never recoup all that you have put.
that just shows how little you know about breaking cars, I made almost £22k out of my r33, £11k out of my r32 neither cost me anywhere near that amount I made £11k profit !

that r33 will break for £20k - £30k easy.

get it done rich and you will come back bigger and better im sure :)

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
If you would have done this 6 months ago I would of had the shell bit to late now I've had full respray on mine. Good luck with sale rich I'm sure things will fly out as it's all proven.

Dan

1 - 20 of 23 Posts