GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i fitted a oil breather can behind driver side light
Ive seen this done many a time but cant find any clear pics of how theyre plumbed in i got my idea of doing it do you guys have any examples can is 2 inlets on side and one exit on bottom.
Many thanks
Nath

·
Administrator
31,749 Posts
Don't do what I did and run it in such a way that it gets caught in the throttle linkage whilst lapping the Nordschleife. Lol

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks speed merchant my iphone wont let me type in the box that appears ***55357;***56854; mook that does sound rather unfortunate and il plan around that thanks

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I have a catchcan to go where the washer bottle is. I got AN fittings put in my Cam covers and the hoses route across the top of the engine and then another one pointing down to the floor for the vent from the catchcan.

I have also taken the PCV valve out and will be using that for my map sensor take off.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sounds cool mate are you progressing nicely now ? I got some spare blue hoses so gonna route them as mine is combi washer catch can behind headlight

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
That sounds cool mate are you progressing nicely now ? I got some spare blue hoses so gonna route them as mine is combi washer catch can behind headlight
Yes mate, plenum is back on and intercooler all hooked up. Hopefully turn it on tonight and make sure nothing is leaking then get it out the garage!

Mine is a combi too and behind the headlight. Here is a pic but its not bolted down yet as it was about 11pm last night when i got it on, i have a special cable tidy for the pipes too.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking good chief done mine yhe same way but left my pcv connected for now what size filter is that and where from ? Did u get the link i sent for silicone ?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I'm running a an16 hose between the valve covers and one an12 from each cover to the top of a can.
The can is baffled internally so all the vapour blows out of the filter and then whatever little oil might come in drops back in to the sump through a an10.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Looking good chief done mine yhe same way but left my pcv connected for now what size filter is that and where from ? Did u get the link i sent for silicone ?
It's a 4" filter from whiff bits. It's a K&N. I did buy some Ali pipe too but it needs some cutting to get it to fit nicely with the filter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts