GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody hell I have a 2009 GTR R35, I was driving along when I heard some serious noise coming from the front of the car. After pulling over and inspecting the passenger side front wheel I noticed a pin had snapped and was hanging out of the calliper. In a nut shell damaging every spoke on the wheel. I have golden callipers and it one of the 2 black pins that attach to the in and outer calliper. Can these be replaced without buying a whole new calliper if so could anybody give me a parts number, or any idea what so ever how I can sort this problem. Cheers Jason.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Can anybody hell I have a 2009 GTR R35, I was driving along when I heard some serious noise coming from the front of the car. After pulling over and inspecting the passenger side front wheel I noticed a pin had snapped and was hanging out of the calliper. In a nut shell damaging every spoke on the wheel. I have golden callipers and it one of the 2 black pins that attach to the in and outer calliper. Can these be replaced without buying a whole new calliper if so could anybody give me a parts number, or any idea what so ever how I can sort this problem. Cheers Jason.
Hi Jason, you can buy just the pins/rods.

Check the part number here: https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts-list/2009-nissan-gt_r/brake/front_brake.html

And then order from Nissan or try 'nissan genuine' who can source the parts usually at a discount (though small discount normally).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Which pins, there are 4 , 2 are bolted in and slide out toward the wheel and 2 are press fit and come out away from wheel toward inner arch, the only way a 'pin' could come out is it has snapped caliper side of its little sprung end and worked its way right through the caliper, never seen that happen ever.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[QUOTE
FB7165ED-7761-4E00-BFFE-8A5F403F7843.jpeg
3F066FD6-440A-44CA-B785-CDC1305AB834.jpeg
3F066FD6-440A-44CA-B785-CDC1305AB834.jpeg
="dudersvr, post: 5813758, member: 2045"]
Which pins, there are 4 , 2 are bolted in and slide out toward the wheel and 2 are press fit and come out away from wheel toward inner arch, the only way a 'pin' could come out is it has snapped caliper side of its little sprung end and worked its way right through the caliper, never seen that happen ever.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[QUOTE View attachment 261892 View attachment 261893 View attachment 261892 View attachment 261893 View attachment 261892 ="dudersvr, post: 5813758, member: 2045"]
[/QUOTE]
I’ve put some photos up cheers for your reply hopefully that would explain better

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Is your alloy wheel ok or has it been badly damaged?? This is a first I’ve seen happen on one these cars before to!! Bet you thought what the f**k was that when it went a bud!!

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
I’ve put some photos up cheers for your reply hopefully that would explain better
[/QUOTE]
Right so as I thought its not a caliper 'pin' its the caliper 'brace' to hold the caliper rigid, the ironic things is they more often than not are almost impossible to get out, has it had pads fitted? if so the 12mm bolt inside the caliper was not done up tight enough and they should always be loctited, I prefer to remove the caliper and fit pads leaving those alone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is your alloy wheel ok or has it been badly damaged?? This is a first I’ve seen happen on one these cars before to!! Bet you thought what the f**k was that when it went a bud!!
Hello Herman, yes I was flying along and hit a pot hole I’d heard a rattling noise very loud like gears crunching, every spike on the alloy has been chipped not bad though. I noticed it quite quick so didn’t drive far just home. Could only happen to me that.
Cheers Jason.

·
Premium Member
3,314 Posts
The nut on the other side of the caliper must have been either left off or not done up, when were the pads last changed?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The nut on the other side of the caliper must have been either left off or not done up, when were the pads last changed?
Hello Barry P the person who I bought it off 4 months ago had serviced the breaks himself he was a mechanic 😂. So are the replacement ones just a simple job to replace.
Cheers Jason.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Hello Barry P the person who I bought it off 4 months ago had serviced the breaks himself he was a mechanic 😂. So are the replacement ones just a simple job to replace.
Cheers Jason.
:censored::censored::censored::censored:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I am wondering of the damage to the wheel might screw up the balance? Hopefully too insignificant dmg but might to at least ask a pro.

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
If it was mine I’d definitely wet and dry it smooth and re paint it so no water/salt gets underneath the paint stopping it corroding at all, same on the callipers 👍👍

1 - 20 of 27 Posts