GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get this kit soon just want to know your views guys and has anyone bought this kit any good

Brembo GT (Gran Turismo) 4-Piston Big Brake Kit

4-Piston Kit (Front) 355x32mm 2-Piece Disc

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Looks the business< I'd like to know if anyones got these too.

Price?

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
For what it is worth; I recently purchased an AP Racing competition brake kit for my 1994 Honda Civic EG9. Pete Collins of AP Racing (Coventry) was very helpful when I was making enquiries..

They sent me out some literature and I note that for the 33GTR; AP Racing list a Formula Big Brake kit; details are as follows..

Kit Part No. CP5555T1000 (6 Pot - 343x32/48V discs - £1973.98 plus VAT)

Some food for thought.. :)

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for that Kadir but i am a big fan of brembo brakes i know a lot of people go for the AP Racing kits but want to stick with brembo :thumbsup:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Only if i had the money i would get these babes :D But not cheap $14,900

The ultimate Brembo high performance brake package.
Suitable for R32/33/34 GTR.

Front:

8 piston monoblock Brembo callipers
Brembo pads - 4 pads per calliper
380mm 2 piece floating cross drilled rotors Braided lines and mounting dogbones

Rear:

4 piston monoblock Brembo callipers
Brembo pads
355mm 2 piece rotors with integrated handbrake drum Braided lines and mounting dogbones

Heres a good guide for GTR brakes

Unique Autosports Online Catalogue - Skyline GTR Brake Kits & Accessories

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
so far as I understand, F50 fronts, F360 rears to maintain balance. Rotor size is more for heat dissipation and of course, dictated by wheel size. As I've decided that 17" is the optimum wheel diameter for my R32, 355mm rotors are out. I think 343mm is about as big as I can go.

Haven't yet decided to to my calipers - did everything else and have great brakes as a result, but I don't think they'd last more than a lap or two around the 'Ring with the stock rotor size. But for the street, where minutes pass between hard braking stops, I have never, ever felt that I needed more brake - tires start to lose traction and sometimes ABS kicks in on dry pavement.

But a nice sexy set of brakes would be nice someday. But more bling than necessity for my needs, and I'd need seven grand to burn to make that move - I won't "upgrade" step by step as many do, as big fronts and stock rears throw off the braking balance, and unless I had a brake master cylinder that was precisely rebalanced (or threw out the ABS and went with twin masters), it won't help braking performance overall, not nearly as much as pads, rotors, fluid, braided lines, etc. Remember that brakes have to work while CORNERING and while huge fronts and stock rears *might* improve straight line performance (and there have been tests in US import tuning mags that suggested that big front-only upgrades didn't), try trail braking with such a brake setup. Be sure to wear your diapers as you shit your pants when the car gets all out of sorts.

When I upgrade my calipers, I want black. Red has become too cliche. Maybe I'm thinking that because Brembos are now optional on the Hyundai Genesis coupe, and now tons of Hyundais are running around with bright red genuine Brembos.

With big money, the coolest Brembos are the monoblock racing calipers, with the logo that looks hand painted and the grey metal finish. Cost a fortune on cars, but for some reason they're all over the bike scene - stock equipment on Ducati and BMW HP2s.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So still need to know if any one has used this kit looks like the calipers are the F50 ones has anyone got the F50s with the 355 mm discs and how do they compare to the ap racing kit need to know please :runaway: :D

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Only if i had the money i would get these babes :D But not cheap $14,900

The ultimate Brembo high performance brake package.
Suitable for R32/33/34 GTR.

Front:

8 piston monoblock Brembo callipers
Brembo pads - 4 pads per calliper
380mm 2 piece floating cross drilled rotors Braided lines and mounting dogbones

Rear:

4 piston monoblock Brembo callipers
Brembo pads
355mm 2 piece rotors with integrated handbrake drum Braided lines and mounting dogbones

Heres a good guide for GTR brakes

Unique Autosports Online Catalogue - Skyline GTR Brake Kits & Accessories
Lovely breaks i want them:bawling:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Ive got Brembo F50's with 355 rotors, (endless ones not Brembo though) and they're bloody great! :clap:

A great match to the 2 pot Brembo R33 GTR ones i have on the rear.
Not used AP racing ones so cant compare but I think the Brembo's are fantastic! Seem allot better than the R33 GTR fronts I used to run on.
:thumbsup:
bob

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ive got Brembo F50's with 355 rotors, (endless ones not Brembo though) and they're bloody great! :clap:

A great match to the 2 pot Brembo R33 GTR ones i have on the rear.
Not used AP racing ones so cant compare but I think the Brembo's are fantastic! Seem allot better than the R33 GTR fronts I used to run on.
:thumbsup:
bob
At last some one that has used this brake kit :clap: thanks for that looking to get this kit soon nice to hear they work well :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts